Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live Key Rig w/ laptop Suggestions...?

surreal mccoy

Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I've posted, as I'm rather occupied in the acoustic guitar world....

As a matter of fact, I had to re-register as my account info was no longer available (I used to post @ 5 years ago).

I still do play keys professionally (solo Jazz piano, etc.).

On weekends, I play in a praise and worship group and use a Roland RD-700 for EP's, strings, etc. I also use a B4 software program via a separate midi controller. Our music leader has asked me to research the possibility of adding East-West or something comparible for string voices. I'd personally like to upgrade many of the EP's & synth voices from the RD-700 as the Roland has it's weak spots and sounds rather dated. So I'm asking for suggestions as far as possible software based solutions via a laptop as we've had such good results since employing the B4.

Any thoughts/ ideas/ prices..?

Thanks ahead.....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Surreal, I remember you from days past. Welcome back and sorry your lost your credentials. I bet our moderator or the site admin could bring back your old ID.

As for your question, check out my recent thread and a few of the URLs referenced in it. I've been having a grand time standing up a pro laptop solution for little ole me.

Enjoy!

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1913569/page/1#Post1913569

Thanks guys,

While I'll agree 110% with using a Macbook Pro, I may be in a situation where I'll probably be using a Compact laptop...

Once again, I'm looking to obtain the most realistic string/ horn/ EP voices for live performance in real time.....

Thanks...... :cool:

Archived