Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Andybody have transcription of this Hiromi tune?

Jazz+

Has anybody done the transcription of "The Tom & Jerry Show" yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ERlIvwhAU

I have the transcriptions of "Sakura Sakura" and "Green Tea Farm" and am now in the process of transcribing "The Tom & Jerry Show".

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J+, does such a transcription exist? I would have thought no way, but from the other you-tube videos it would seem that it does.

I'm usually not a big fan of virtuoso playing as it hits me as more athletic competition than art and it's usually done dead seriously. She is having such a good time and it appears so effortless.

Man she can play.

Busch.

Thanks Busch,

That was my take on it too. Yes, there is a transcription done by a Japanese and I am doing one.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Hmmmmm..... Sorry to be the sole contrarian, but she just doesn't do it for me. I just don't "get" Hiromi, (even when she's playing duets with Chick Corea). I do agree that she's an amazing technician and no, I couldn't play that cleanly or effortlessly if my life depended on it. But I just can't make an emotional connection with her playing at all, and linearly or harmonically she doesn't "reach" me.

This is not to say that I'm criticizing any of her fans. She's just not my own personal taste.

To be perfectly honest, I'm far more impressed by what I'm hearing in The Reharm thread than anything that I've heard her play. Those guys are kicking some serious butt. Talk about DEPTH...

I've got them, pm me.

Hmmmmm..... Sorry to be the sole contrarian, but she just doesn't do it for me. I just don't "get" Hiromi, (even when she's playing duets with Chick Corea). I do agree that she's an amazing technician and no, I couldn't play that cleanly or effortlessly if my life depended on it. But I just can't make an emotional connection with her playing at all, and linearly or harmonically she doesn't "reach" me.

Until I saw the above posted video, I had similar feelings to yours, but I think the Tom and Jerry stuff had lots of "Soul" to it. (my two Eurocents)

The Dromb Bopper

Archived