Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GP Editors on Ol' Cheeky Bastards Album Due May 2008

Editor Boy

Hi all...

Here's an FYI for those interested.

I just produced a "small" project for Vagrant Records -- an acoustic-oriented, punk-ish album by Ol' Cheeky Bastards. For fun, I invited all the GP editors to contribute guitar parts. You can check out three songs at the band's MySpace page at

www.myspace.com/daveodobroman

"Church of the Holy Spook" has some cool Allman Brothers by way of Jerry Garcia riffing by GP Senior Editor (and gear guru) Art Thompson. Jude Gold played cool Tele parts on "Rainy Night," Matt Blackett added faux Dobro and slide (via a Seymour Duncan Mama Bear processor) on "Ladies and Gentlemen," Darrin Fox put down some nasty slide on "Borstal Boys," and Barry Cleveland contributed a fab EBow solo on "Hangbags and Gladrags." The album should be up on iTunes (and other download sites) soon, so you can check it out for free (I'm not trying to sell records here -- just alerting you to some cool "editorial" playing you can cheese, critique, or slam).

Best,

Mike

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's cool to hear the GP editors. The poor sods deserve to have their playing heard ONCE in a while! So we can know (as opposed to just assume) that they can play as well as write!

They write??? :confused:

Oh!!! You mean the magazine... ;):D

Nevermind!

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived