Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Grandkids?

Zuben

I just got back from a specialty hospital in Atlanta where they gave me a light at the end of the tunnel! But not before doing a spinal tap, cat scan and other injections. The ride home almost killed me. My wife is an angel.

My second oldest daughter and her kids have been house sitting. It is a warm feeling to come home to a face like this.

http://members.cox.net/zuben/james-cool2.jpg

How many of you have grand kids?

Peace

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some hope. 2 screws were broken from the original surgery. This Doc works on NFL and NBA players. He told me he has only seen one of these screws break and it was a defensive end for the Atlanta Falcons. 6'5" 270 pounds. He was playing a year after his first surgery when the screw snapped.

Peace

Hope things go well, Zub.

I am a Grandad once and should be again next month, all going well.

My younger son produced two years ago, and my elder son's partner is due sometime in March.

It's a good excuse to stop buying everyone birthday presents & concentrate on the wee ones!!! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/geoffbyrne/euan001.jpg

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Then....how does he theorize that you could break 2?

Am I the only one who immediately thought: defective screws?

I hate to be the negative one but I would be absolutely certain if they go in to remove the screws you first have your lawyer take necessary steps to ensure those screws are tested and an investigation is begun to determine if others using screws from that batch have or haven't run into similar problems.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Zubes, very nice picture, cute kid. I hope they figure out a game plan to get you sorted.

No grandkids here although I am old enough to have them.I had my kids very late in life. All my friends who had kids when they were supposed to are grandparents now.

I chased rock 'n roll for so long and made sure I had no baggage.....really a poor choice looking back. I doubt I will make a grampa....it will be close I tell ya.

Neil It is not uncommon for these screws to fail. At the spine forum I frequent I read about it occasionally. Most of the time they break the bone away that they are screwed into. Sometimes they just snap.

I have 4 of them myself and am hoping they hang in there. I can "feel" the hardware, it sucks.

Archived