Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2008 Fenders

BadLife

I checked out a 2008 Telecaster yesterday. I also had the guy retrieve the case so I could check out the new case. There was a post earlier about the changes to the new Fenders. As far as I can tell they are all positive. I almost bought the guitar as I played very well. The changes all seem to be minor and improvements and I doubt that you would notice any difference from last years models if you were not looking for them. They did not have a Strat but I will check it out when they get one in. The sales people had already bought out the first shipment of Strats so I guess they must be OK. I do not like the case but if you are a working musician you will probably find it suitable for your needs. I like the old Fender tweed cases for their looks but the new cases will probably protect your guitar better. They are plastic. :P But they look like they could take a beating :rolleyes: I was a little concerned from the tone of the first post they maybe Fender had done something dumb but except for the looks of the case it all seems good :thu:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I checked out a 2008 Telecaster yesterday. I also had the guy retrieve the case so I could check out the new case. There was a post earlier about the changes to the new Fenders. As far as I can tell they are all positive. I almost bought the guitar as I played very well. The changes all seem to be minor and improvements and I doubt that you would notice any difference from last years models if you were not looking for them. They did not have a Strat but I will check it out when they get one in. The sales people had already bought out the first shipment of Strats so I guess they must be OK. I do not like the case but if you are a working musician you will probably find it suitable for your needs. I like the old Fender tweed cases for their looks but the new cases will probably protect your guitar better. They are plastic. :P But they look like they could take a beating :rolleyes: I was a little concerned from the tone of the first post they maybe Fender had done something dumb but except for the looks of the case it all seems good :thu:

:D:thu:

I don't think we were complaining about the changes, but the fact that Fender promoted their video talking about the innovative new changes when all it was was a bunch of people talking about how innovative Fender has always been. The video never told what the changes where. It was a waste of time.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

And those cases...I got a new Strat about a year ago...if its that molded case, I don't like it.

The damn edges are "bound" in nice, sharp metal edges. If you don't put it in the case like you're playing that old kid's game "Operation", you're gonna get a nick every time.

Get the black or brown or tweed long rectangular cases!! :)

Archived