Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WOW!

slap-pop-karl

I like my bass's cheap and cheerful. My one is £60, iknow its unbranded and stuff but i think it feels alot better than any other bass out there.

I like my basses to be able to produce the sounds I want and be comfortable in my hands. Damn the cost.

If i have got them money and the time i will buy new pots and pup's to make it sound better. think it would be worth it?

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like my bass's cheap and cheerful. My one is £60, iknow its unbranded and stuff but i think it feels alot better than any other bass out there.

I like my basses to be able to produce the sounds I want and be comfortable in my hands. Damn the cost.

If i have got them money and the time i will buy new pots and pup's to make it sound better. think it would be worth it?

Worth it to whom? To you maybe. To someone else maybe not so much. A fine example of this is that Johnson P bass that I bought to strip of all its hardware for that goofy 2x4 bass. I wound up making the Johnson P bass playable again by putting Hipshot ultralight tuners, Hipshot bridge, Aguilar preamp, and Bartolini pickups in it. I doubt highly that I could find anyone willing to pay more than $100 for the bass even though it has over $500 worth of aftermarket parts. It *sounds* good now that it has all that stuff on it however it still plays like a cheap $125 P bass knockoff.

Worth it to whom? To you maybe. To someone else maybe not so much. A fine example of this is that Johnson P bass that I bought to strip of all its hardware for that goofy 2x4 bass. I wound up making the Johnson P bass playable again by putting Hipshot ultralight tuners, Hipshot bridge, Aguilar preamp, and Bartolini pickups in it. I doubt highly that I could find anyone willing to pay more than $100 for the bass even though it has over $500 worth of aftermarket parts. It *sounds* good now that it has all that stuff on it however it still plays like a cheap $125 P bass knockoff.

Well i could do with a good sounding cheap jazz knock off. So it seems it might be worth it.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Archived