Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using UniSyn for patch editing?

ArnoldLayne

My Ensoniq E-Prime is so difficult to program I have been considering buying another keyboard to replace it.

I have almost given up on finding a patch editing software (I found evidence that it originally came with it) when I stumbled on the Motu site and their Unisyn software.

I do not see the e-prime listed here but I am going to inquire on it anyways at this link:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Unisyn/

If anyone has any experience with this i would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks in advance,

Arnold Layne

Prophet 6, '38 Hammond BC, HR40, 2 Leslie 760's, Prophet 08 PE, RD700GX, Ensoniq E-Prime, SCI Pro-One, TX-7, CP80, Arturia VI's

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went looking for a patch editor last year - and ended up going with Sound Quest's MIDIquest product. I looked at the Unisyn product at the time - but found that the Windows version of the product appeared to be a very dated release. Being that I'm running it on a PC and not a MAC that was a huge issue for me.

I like the MIDIquest product so far...although I will say I haven't scratched the surface of what I'd like to be able to do with it.

Here's a couple of links on the MIDIquest product.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sound-Quest-MIDI-Quest-10-702936-i1384436.gc

http://www.squest.com/

Good luck!

The SpaceNorman :freak:

I wonder if the XL version is worth the extra scratch - using it like a VST instrument is a kind of cool concept.

I haven't seen a librarian/editor even mentioned in KM for a long time. Hint hint.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Tough question Daf - I guess it depends on how whether you use alot of virtual instruments in your setup. I don't - so the XL version wasn't a necessity for me.

The functionality that I was most interested was the product's ability to store setups for multiple hardware devices as a "super patch" and to push those setups back out to those hardware devices with a single button push. To that end, it's worked pretty well....

I imagine this ability would be helpful were I using alot of VSTs as well.

The SpaceNorman :freak:

Thanks for the replies.

I checked out the midiquest link and I think you are correct about it being a better choice for PC users.

It didn't list my Ensoniq E-Prime but I submitted the form request to their sales department and I hope to hear back on their softwares ability to work with my keyboard. I really like this keyboard and aside from the very nice piano and organ patches, there are a couple of really fat sounding analogue type patches I have been able to tweak to my liking but it is very time consuming and difficult.

Otherwise, I'm looking at that new Prophet... :thu: (I need knobs and it will look cool with my Pro-one!)

Thanks again,

Arnold Layne

Prophet 6, '38 Hammond BC, HR40, 2 Leslie 760's, Prophet 08 PE, RD700GX, Ensoniq E-Prime, SCI Pro-One, TX-7, CP80, Arturia VI's

Archived