Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The most popular collaboration forums in internet?

This time Google didn't help me like I expected. I'm simply looking for a forum/forums that aims to help musicians to find other musicians in need. Say, songwriter needs a singer or band a vibraphonist... There's not that much of it in here but I thought I'd find some help here.

Twice as useful would be a forum with a lot of musicians from Europe since they would be closer. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps our European regulars can be more helpful.

In terms of virtual or online collaborations there are no geographical limitations. If a songwriter wants to add vocals to a recording it doesn't matter if the singer is on the other side of the world. Each records his or her part locally, exchanges via the internet, and someone plays the part of engineer to handle the mixing/mastering.

That is partly what this forum is here for. Unfortunately there haven't been as many projects done here since the forums were restructured and the drummer forum was archived. Still, if you'd like to participate in an online collaboration feel free to post your idea here. If you aren't successful here there are other sites with more active online collaboration communities.

As an aside, I can't say I've run across a vibraphonist yet online. For recording purposes it would probably be easier to find a keyboardist that has a good vibraphone sample in his or her sample library.

Hope you find what you're looking for! :wave:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm simply looking for a forum/forums that aims to help musicians to find other musicians in need. Say, songwriter needs a singer or band a vibraphonist... There's not that much of it in here but I thought I'd find some help here.

Twice as useful would be a forum with a lot of musicians from Europe since they would be closer. :)

http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/home.music

Take Care:

The Diminished Mind

Dude Absher

http://members.soundclick.com/Dude+Absher

Archived