Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Led Zeppelin tour?

VeloDoug

Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones' small bombshell in the current issue of Rolling Stone "There is a band meeting in January" will be more than enough to set off new tremors of hope among fans for a full-fledged tour following the group's December 10th reunion performance at the O2 arena in London.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17954023/qa_john_paul_jones_of_led_zeppelin

MUSCLE:91 Mesa Mk4(rack mounted)|Mesa F30|Mesa Nomad45|'78 Marshall 4x12

HEART:07 Gibson LP Std 50s Neck|86 Jackson Soloist|92 PRS Custom 24|01 PRS Singlecut|Taylor 814ce|MIM Strat

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but from all accounts, they had a blast, and played well. I know Plant may have some obligation to the album he did with Allison Krause (which I have....it's cool, funky, and wierd stuff btw). But, with the potential profit, and enjoyment they could derive from even a limited tour, you'd THINK how could they NOT TOUR????

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

I actually loved it too!! It's very much them doing their own thing. It sort of reminded me of old timey country folk.

And, the fact that they did "Fortune Teller", which is a Naomi Neville song that The Who recorded (I can't remember which album it's on???), counts for something, in my book, anyway!! :)

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

No, but from all accounts, they had a blast, and played well. I know Plant may have some obligation to the album he did with Allison Krause (which I have....it's cool, funky, and wierd stuff btw). But, with the potential profit, and enjoyment they could derive from even a limited tour, you'd THINK how could they NOT TOUR????

Why not just tour with Allison?

You could also add David Coverdale for a mini CoverdalePage reunion, and Diamanda Galas for some tunes off of Sporting Life. :D (Yeah, I'm joking. I'd rather hear some of JPJ's slide guitar from The Thunderthief instead. But I'm sticking with Coverdale instead of The Firm.)

And if J. Zeppelin came to town all by their lonesome, that'd be just all right by me. :thu:

I hope they do. They are one band that I always wished I had seen live.

I feel lucky to have seen them on their first US tour in '69, before they were really big. I think they may have been 3rd billed, opening for Albert King, & Julie Driscoll with Brian Auger & Trinity. They were playing some weird trapezoidal shaped Rickenbacker amps, due to an endorsement deal. Imagine.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

I actually loved it too!! It's very much them doing their own thing. It sort of reminded me of old timey country folk.

And, the fact that they did "Fortune Teller", which is a Naomi Neville song that The Who recorded (I can't remember which album it's on???), counts for something, in my book, anyway!! :)

The Who did "Fortune Teller" on Live at Leeds. It was actually written by Allen Toussaint, under the psuedonym Naomi Neville, and was also recorded by The Stones, and many others (The Hollies, The Mersey Beats, etc).

Don

You KNOW the face value ticket prices will be mega ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I'll probably pass this tour unless they can keep

the best seats < $100. I'll probably have to wait for the concert DVD they release later.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

You KNOW the face value ticket prices will be mega ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I'll probably pass this tour unless they can keep

the best seats < $100. I'll probably have to wait for the concert DVD they release later.

Yeah, I do have a limit...If it turns out to be anything like The Eagles, I'd have to pass as well. Here's hoping though!

"...I'm sticking with Coverdale instead of The Firm."

Naaaaaaaa, you must still be joking! ;)

I actually liked those two Firm albums, while Coverdale was just tooooooooo schlocky yet by that time (ewe, those '80s MTV hit Whitesnake albums... ewe!!)...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The Who did "Fortune Teller" on Live at Leeds. It was actually written by Allen Toussaint, under the psuedonym Naomi Neville, and was also recorded by The Stones, and many others (The Hollies, The Mersey Beats, etc).

You can also find the studio version of "Fortune Teller" on the "The Who Maximum R&B Collection. Of course, Live at Leeds will more than suffice.

"Raising Sand" is one of my favorite cds so far this year...(of course, its only January. :) )

John

I actually liked those two Firm albums, while Coverdale was just tooooooooo schlocky yet by that time (ewe, those '80s MTV hit Whitesnake albums... ewe!!)...

Dang! Now I can't get Radioactive out of my head. :grin:

No doubt a Zep tour would be big (and costly). ANYTHING they have done since John's passing has always generated lots of excitement - anything from the release of No Quarter and the UnLedded viewing of that aired on MTV to little snippets of Zep tunes on Plant's Tall Cool One. Dang, now I got THAT song stuck in my head! :grin:

Reverbnation stuff

More Reverbnation stuff

I feel happy! I feel happy!

...Plant's Tall Cool One. Dang, now I got THAT song stuck in my head! :grin:

That's funny you mention that song, I just saw the video on VH1 Classic while eating breakfast this morning! Cool song, kind of a weird video. I like the way he used samples of LZ songs at the end.

OK, this is a little eerie. As I'm typing this, Kashmir just started playing on the radio.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Archived