Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to Build a USB Guitar

ABGBrian

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crikey! You can get that USB interface for £25 in the UK. You could do all sorts of things with it. Brilliant Idea.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Thank you!

That is so cool. Maybe I should buy a cheap bass and try it the mod. Or maybe I should just do it to an expensive bass.

With a usb jack, could you just plug your instrument into a computer that is running Pro Tools (or a similar program: the studio where I do most of my recording uses Digital Performer), and completely bypass the board in the recording process?

With a usb jack, could you just plug your instrument into a computer that is running Pro Tools (or a similar program: the studio where I do most of my recording uses Digital Performer), and completely bypass the board in the recording process?

Hell I guess so... You may get a more pure bass sound than plugging into a DI Box right? It's certainly worth a shot... I may even try out the mod myself.

My only concern would be the quality of the Bass through that interface. Has anyone used one of them for Bass? It would be OK for microphone or guitar. I would be tempted to try it out with a short 1/4" to 1/8" jack to jack and just tape the converter to your strap.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Archived