Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, whadja get? Huh? Huh?

Jode

My wife got me three LPs - new ones that must be reissues. Taj Mahal, T.Rex, and the Meters (Fire On The Bayou - yeah!). And her aunt dropped a - gulp - Wii on us!

Santa was good to me. How about you?

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from a nice knitted jacket & sweater(!) I received a very nice litre of Carlos III Spanish brandy and an assortment of local beers,since I'm pretty intolerant of most wines. Plus a selection of malt whisky testers.

The Bourne ********** series of DVDs.

The Clapton Autobiography & accompanying CD

Best of Doobie Bros. CD.

The Fender Bass by Klaus Blasquiz

Bernard Cornwell. third book in the King Alfred series - Sword Song.

and a pair of trousers.

best of all, a phonecall from my younger son!!! :D

Not too bad. :)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I got the flu. Not my best Christmas...

That would put a damper on enjoying the holiday. Hope you feel better soon and get to have a belated Merry Christmas.

A few things that made my Christmas great:

Mom was home and doing fairly well. The past few years she has had a hip replacement that popped out of joint a few times, then blood clots that put her in ICU, and a knee replacement. Seeing her enjoy the holiday and the relatives visiting made mine better than any store bought gift.

2 sets of strings for the Carvin LB20F. (After 2 years that bass still makes me grin when playing it or looking at it.)

Some CDs and DVDs

Warm clothes, and a pair of mittens that will keep my hands warm and dry when working outside.

Erm... I got a clock with the little flip-flop numbers, like they used to have in the 70s. I've wanted one for ages. :D It's not a clock radio, alas, but the case IS in cool, orange plastic for that late 60s look.

I also got a box of amaretti from a niece, a couple of puzzles, two Bounty bars and a calendar where every day is a different origami project. Oh, and a bottle of local red.

Hey Picker, I got the flu too :( Been coughing my lungs out all week ... Worst part is I seem to have passed it on to my family, as well as my girlfriend's family.

I got:

Beirut - The Flying Club Cup

Paul Simon - The Essential Paul Simon (with dvd)

Laïs - The Ladies' Second Song (Belgian folk trio)

Battlestar Galactica - Season 1 + miniseries

And a huge 1.5 litre bottle of Karmeliet Tripel to drink while listening to those cd's and watching TV :grin:

The best part, though, was that my sister invited this Canadian friend of hers, and the friend's friend, to come spend Christmas with us. I was reluctant at first but they both turned out to be really nice and entertaining girls, and I think I may have two more friends now :thu:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived