Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For the webmaster

Sorry, didn't know how to contact the webmaster. I think it would be good if, when you logged in, you are returned to the page you were on when you logged in. Right now, I get returned to the main forums page when I log in. I visit other forums using UBB that don't do this. :)

"And then you have these thoughts in the back of your mind like 'Why am I doing this? Or is this a figment of my imagination?'"

http://www.veracohr.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh but this isn't the run-of-the-mill UBB... Its [b][i]UBB Classic 6.3.0[/b][/i]!!! I'm not sure anybody can do anything, the sys admins probably "set it and forget it" and hope the moderators keep the peace. You might want to send an e-mail to the webmaster of musicplayer.com (or musicgearnetwork.com, rather). --Brendan

groove, v.

Inflected Form(s): grooved; groov·ing

transitive senses:1a.to make a groove in;1b.to join by a groove;2.to perfect by repeated practice;3.to throw (a pitch) in the groove

intransitive senses:1.to become joined or fitted by a groove;2.to form a groove;3.to enjoy oneself intensely;4.to interact harmoniously

- groov·er noun

Our WebMaster is Dendy Jarret, our fellow moderator of "For the Band" forum. Just go in there and get his e-mail.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by Gus Lozada: [b]Our WebMaster is Dendy Jarret, our fellow moderator of "For the Band" forum. Just go in there and get his e-mail.[/b][/quote]From my email notifications of incoming PM's, I believe Dendy can be reached at: dendy@musicgearnetwork.com

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I'm not so sure your idea is good. It would be rare for one to be interested in only one thread. But the main thing, I think it might be counter-productive. Because if it takes you back to the thread you last visited, there is only one way (unless they do some other programming) that you will know if new posts have been made. And that is you will have to scan the whole thread and try to remember where your eyes left off after reading last. Currently, this board shows THE LAST POSTER who posted to a thread. This is invaluable to me. Plus, you can likely tell the threads activity by its relation to the top of the page. There is another UBB board I use all the time. After you post, it takes you back TO THE SAME THREAD YOU WERE ON. This drives me nuts; I'm through in there! I suggested a change so it goes back to the main forum page you were on. And the guy said his version won't do that.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

[quote]Originally posted by LiveMusic: [b]I'm not so sure your idea is good. It would be rare for one to be interested in only one thread. But the main thing, I think it might be counter-productive. Because if it takes you back to the thread you last visited, there is only one way (unless they do some other programming) that you will know if new posts have been made. And that is you will have to scan the whole thread and try to remember where your eyes left off after reading last. Currently, this board shows THE LAST POSTER who posted to a thread. This is invaluable to me. Plus, you can likely tell the threads activity by its relation to the top of the page.[/b][/quote]I don't think I get it. For instance, I just read this thread, and in order to write this reply, I had to log in. So I logged in, and had to wade through the links again just to get back to where I was when I logged in. It's unnecessary. Thanks for the email, guys.

"And then you have these thoughts in the back of your mind like 'Why am I doing this? Or is this a figment of my imagination?'"

http://www.veracohr.com

Archived