Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mild OT: MP3 retrieval problems

Jode

I have a curious problem with some MP3s from an old beat-up disk that I made a few Christmases ago. It's scratched up and not reading too well, but I managed somehow to get the tunes into my Insignia MP3 player fine. For whatever reason, the tunes won't play in Rhapsody or iTunes on my computer. The file names are there, but they won't play either from Rhapsody or direct from the disk. On my player, they work fine.

Here's the frustrating part, which I'm sure is due to my ignorance: I can't get them from the player back onto my computer at all, nor any other trackfor that matter. How can I get a new version saved to my computer?

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The files themselves are okay - it's the disk that's wack. At this point, I'm more interested in getting the songs off my MP3 player and into my hard drive, which I can't even do with other songs that weren't on the bad disk.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived