Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Precision > Squier Std. Pickguard

austinrick

Greetings. Newbie here, wondering if anyone knows offhand whether the pickguard off a typical Fender P Bass will drop right onto a Squier Standard (not Affinity) P Bass or Special Edition. My new Squier came with a 'mirror' pickguard which I will replace if it's that easy. Thx....glad to be here.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome!

The drill holes may not be in the same places.

If you contact Chandler Pickguards for the new pickguard, you can make sure that the new pickguard you get will fit perfectly.

A mirrored pickguard? Hmm....I should buy that from you after you take it off...it would be fun to reflect the spotlights back into the audience's eyes and blind them. :evil:

A mirrored pickguard? Hmm....I should buy that from you after you take it off...it would be fun to reflect the spotlights back into the audience's eyes and blind them. :evil:

If I feel guilty about my Ric in any way, it's that the pickup guard always sends a faint beam of light into the front row if I'm close to the edge of the stage, and I feel like I'm turning the audience into deer in the headlights. The Jazz Bass I have does this too, of course, but that pickup guard has a larger surface area than the metal jackplate and seems to reflect a wider beam.

I put a standard American P-bass pickguard on my Squier P-bass, and it fit just dandy. Screw holes matched up and everything.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I´d second the audience-blinding pickguard option if it would had some sort of selectable blindfold. ;) Interesting, tho... shouldn´t all P and J basses (Both Fender and Squier) match perfectly? I mean... besides the not-so obvious differences in quality and craftmanship (Or machineship, if that´s the case), should there be any further difference among same-model instruments?

Now that I mentioned "Machineship"... I had to play last Friday at a friend´s company Christmas party. We shared stage with a dance band, and were told not to bring any amplification, but to use what was on the stage already. The bass player had a "Baby-Bass"-like upright, and a 6-string fretted Alvarez. When I went up the stage, I introduced myself to the guy, and to try start a conversation, and being cool, I asked him "How has been your experience with the Alvarez? I am awaiting for one I bought to come, a fretless one, and never had one before, so I wondered..." and the guy answered "Oh, that one is fine. "The Alvarez Luthier" made it dedicatedly to me".

Needless to say, I smiled, and withstand the rest of the gig while the dance band´s soundman sabotaged our set, (the bassman besides him), wondering whether this guy knew or not that the "Alvarez Luthier" is probably Bender from "Futurama", or to tell him that "My other bass was made for me by the Yamaha Luthier... Mr. José Yamaha"... Whatever.

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Archived