Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Really Stupid Customers

Mr. Nightime

I was playing there with That Seventies Band, and we were wearing full-on retro disco regalia. This guy walks up to me, drunk as a skunk, and asks: "Do you guys play disco?" I say yes (duh). He shouts, "well, disco SUCKS!"

I remember seeing a band in the late 70's call The Cisco Ducks. I thought that was a cool name.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been so many over my nearly 19 year gigging career that's it's difficult to think of one. My brain tends to reset after gigs and I wipe out all memories of idiot customers. There was one guy Sunday night, who proceeded to tell us he was an ex Marine, champion swimmer, jazz drummer who played with so and so. It got to be really annoying, as if he felt threatened by us playing so well and getting all the attention, that it somehow was crushing his ego and he had to come up and tell us all of his life's accomplishments. What's funny is he was there to see our Doors band, but didn't know Robby Krieger's name. LOL. My other favorite story from this year I've already told of earlier on here, the great keyboard player who sat in with us on Smoke on the Water, the infamous "Wayne from Rainbow" who wasn't at all. He's recently run into another guitar player of mine and now says he's "with Yngwie" and was on "Three Dog Night's hits". These people are just full of it!

John

It was horrendus. I don't know if he had ever played before. Finally, he settled into a 16-beat on the high hat, just barely able to keep the kick going and smacking the snare out of time.

This was not him joking around from what we could tell. He simply could not play. Our drummer had to jump up to the aux percussion and keep time on the cowbell. Wow, what a train wreck. But the crowd loved it for some reason.

WE Always Need MORE COWBELL :rimshot::D

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Archived