Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is this Bass guitar good, very good?

TShakazBlackRoots

Greetings all!

I have been MIA for various reasons.

1. I have been ill for 2 months :( At first we thought it was HBP, or maybe diabetes etc, in the end after numerous tests, it was an ulcer giving me hell! :mad: Thank God I am on the mend now.

2. We performed our new Jazz album for the very first time at a theater over here last Friday. It was a very good experience, folks enjoyed it a lot. I'll post pix soon.

I'm still on the quest for a new bass. I always loved the Fender tone but I didn't like their designs until I landed on this one. The Victor Bailey Jazz Bass V String! :thu:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Victor-Bailey-Jazz-Bass-V-5String-Bass?sku=511957

What do you guys think? Btw, wish I was living over there coz then I'd buy these axes with monthly installments! You guys are lucky to have the access. ;)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a nice bass. Last time I checked, it was not cheap, and there may be others that deliver in that price range.

I remember thinking how comfortable it felt.

I also got to see Victor playing it. He's pretty good :eek: :eek:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Hey Tshaka!

I'm so glad to "hear" from you again. I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill but glad to know that you are on the mend.

God bless and keep you my lowend brother!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Tshaka! Much love! Sorry you were ill and glad you're feeling better.

Although it wasn't hypertension or diabetes this time, those are things to think about and avoid if possible. I have Type II ("old fat guy") diabetes and it sucks. Stay well and keep bringing the funk lifelong, my brother!

I'm a total Fender whore, so yeah, get that VB bass!

Greetings brothers!

THANX VERY MUCH for the messages! :thu: Love you all.

I have received a couple of messages from Victor Bailey actually :cool:, and I was blown away! Him taking time to write to me was awesome. That alone makes me wanna get the bass!

Folks, I am enjoying the 4 string! :thu: I thought there was no point getting another 4 so I am opting for that Fender VB 5!!

Worst comes to the worst, I'll buy that same Bailey version in a 4 and detune it BEAD, but I am determined to own my very first FENDER.....a Milestone! :laugh:

All my mentors play Fenders, who am I not to? :confused:;)

NB: I also checked out a Tobias 5 string Neck thru monster bass ($3999 for one version and another $4500 :eek:)They looked awesome with 9 layers of wood or something of that nature. Gotta sell my inheritance! :laugh:

Archived