Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Racks

Rampdog

I bought this rack for my guitars...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Rampdog/Ramps/GuitarRack.jpg

My question is, the guitars sit in this at an angle... the padding is excellent and the stand is sturdy... But with the guitars at a slight angle am I doing any harm to the necks? Obviously all the weight is on the bottom but there is a very slight (very very slight) weight on the neck... Did I waste my money?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same one... It seemed like it would be great.

The guitars tend to bang into each other a little on it, especially if you load it up with at least 3.

As to whether it will cause harm to neck? I wonder same thing..

I'm guessing no if it's just a short period of time.

Someone here will have an answer.

The guitars tend to bang into each other a little on it, especially if you load it up with at least 3.

As to whether it will cause harm to neck? I wonder same thing..

I'm guessing no if it's just a short period of time.

I have 3 electrics in it and 1 accoustic and I take care loading them in and out....

I leave them in there permanantly. I got it for space saving as the single stands tend to take up alot more room.

I saw that rack at a music store a few weeks ago. It looks cool.

I just need 3 more guitars to fill it though.

Consider it a goal. Like climbing a mountain... I need one more to fill mine but I feel I'm in the "Dead Zone" like on Mt. Everest... :cry:

I saw that rack at a music store a few weeks ago. It looks cool.

I just need 3 more guitars to fill it though.

Consider it a goal. Like climbing a mountain... I need one more to fill mine but I feel I'm in the "Dead Zone" like on Mt. Everest... :cry:

Yo Ramp...you dog you... :)

I have several of those racks...a couple of the big ones like the one pictured, and one or two smaller. I've had them for years. They are great, and not too expensive. I love them.

First, don't worry one bit about the necks. There's no force of any significance on the necks from sitting in that rack.

I primarily use them to hold my acoustic guitars in a walk in humidified closet. It gets very dry here in the winters. Do BE CAREFUL taking guitars out, and putting them back in, as they can EASILY bang into each other with this rack. I never fill up each slot. I put a guitar in every other slot, so as to make the inevitable banging into each other less likely to occur. I'd rather invest in another rack (if you have the room for it), than scratch up my guitars.

Second, although they say that the foam cushioning is safe for the finishes on your guitars, I still cover any point where the foam cushion comes into contact with a guitar with either a clean old cotton tee shirt, or a inexpensive all cotton hankerchief. Older types of foam were known to cause a deterioration of the finishes on guitars. So, I don't take any chances.

Now, go fill up those racks, my friend!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Archived