Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Lite...Reason 3.0 and REX Files

MusicWorkz

Ive finally decided to explore Dr. Rex in Reason using a few loops for drum beds. I like the ACID-like tempo flexibility, so I thought I would give it a try.

But unlike with NN-XT or NN-19 where I can map different loops to different keys, it doesnt seem as if I can have multiple loops with Dr. Rex. For what I am trying to do, I would have to have a separate player for each different loop within the song (intro, groove, breakdown, outro, etc) and delete the triggers from each part with the Reason sequencer.

Is that the right way to do it, or is there another workaround I'm not seeing?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a separate device for each loop is the way to go. but if you don't want to draw triggers in the reason sequencer, you can hit the "midi to track" button on the Dr. Rex, and have the loops triggered by midi slices. This will allow you to change up the order of slices and have more flexibility over the start and stop on the loops.
GIGO

Glider, that is what I did. I have it slaved and rewired to DP 5 and after hitting the "midi to track" button, went into the Reason sequencer and deleted the triggers. I haven't re-ordered slices yet...maybe when I get more familiar with it.

I guess I will go back and add a few more Dr. Rex players and edit out stuff as necessary. I'm doing a downtempo house tune (120 BPM) and wanted to do something different. Reason is built for this stuff, so we shall see. Stay tuned.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Archived