Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here

trader56

Hi ALL,

Just wantd to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here, and also THANKS! for all the hepl everyone has been so kind to offer!

Paticularly want ot say Thank Yuo to Fumbly, Don (mdrs), and Ellwood, and apologize if I've missed anyone. Too much food and a few cocktails, not to mention age, will do that to yuo!

Dave

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a nice Thanksgiving. As some of you may know, my dad passed away over the summer. Neither he or my mom could come out here to NY because his health was too bad and she had to take care of him.

We invited my mom out all last week and had a great time. We took her to Manhattan across the Staten Island Ferry. After that, we took her for a tour around Long Island.

I just got back from La Guardia so that she can catch her flight home.

It's been a nice week. However, I'll be glad to get back into the old routine again. I haven't done much working out or guitar playing... and also ate too much crap. LOL! But... it was fun.

Sounds like it was a nice Thanksgiving for you and most everyone. Alot of people don't know that S.I. Ferry is a great inexpensive ride that gives you an excellent view of Manhattan.

I threw out the pies (apple and pumpkin) last night. Too much temptation just sitting there on the counter! :snax: LOL

Sounds like it was a nice Thanksgiving for you and most everyone. Alot of people don't know that S.I. Ferry is a great inexpensive ride that gives you an excellent view of Manhattan.

I through out the pies (apple and pumpkin) last night. Too much temptation just sitting there on the counter! :snax: LOL

Can't beat the price of the SI Ferry. It's free. It used to be only a quarter but now it's nothing.

My in-laws live in SI so that's where we spent Thanksgiving. We stayed the night there and took the ferry to Manhattan the next day.

My mom can't get around very well so I just took her to Times Square and she snapped some pictures. She and my wife noticed some kind of "chotchkey fair" going on in Bryant Park so we ended up there... she took some pics of the Library.

And of course... we had to buy her a pretzel. LOL!

Yesterday, we hung out at Port Jeff Harbor a little bit then I drove her to Jones Beach via Ocean Parkway off of Robert Moses. She had never seen the ocean before (though all of us from MI have seen large bodies of water).

I also showed her my old school... Stony Brook (I live about 5 minutes from there).

Today I'm just going to chill and watch the Giants and Vikings. LOL!

YOU THREW OUT THE PIES??

Isn't that against the law??? :laugh:

Well at least I didn't throw out the leftover turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce.. I guess that's it? :laugh:

I usually have a 2 day rule for leftovers, but it's been extended to 3 today.

It seems like the days following Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to

QUIT COLD TURKEY!!

Sorry couldn't resist! I just spent the time relaxing with my wife. We just needed the time together. Oh and practicing..... luckily, she doesn't mind, unless it's 2 in the morning and she's trying to sleep!

Archived