Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Key Ho For Guitar Hero Bands

Blue JC

I'm finding myself doing more and more of these types of gigs: key ho for guitar hero bands.

Lots of these types of trios in my area - guitar, bass and drums. Guitar hero stands out front, plays most of the leads and sings all of the vocals. I set-up upstage with the bass and drums and groove with the rhythm section. If the volume doesn't get ridiculous, it's an easy gig and I rarely have to even add vocals.

Good money and no band BS because I'm not IN their band. Results in a lot of studio work too because I already know most of the material due learning it on-the-gig.

I can tell that others here also do this from reading between the post lines. I would be curious to hear how you approach these kinds of gigs.

Best,

JC

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you are being the best Key Ho you can be. Don't want you to give us a bad name, ya know?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Archived