Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What jeans do you wear? Not off topic....

VeloDoug

OK... most jeans have those stupid rivets that scratch the back of your guitar. Has anyone come across a pair of jeans (or overalls) that don't have those pocket rivets or other guitar scratching objects?

MUSCLE:91 Mesa Mk4(rack mounted)|Mesa F30|Mesa Nomad45|'78 Marshall 4x12

HEART:07 Gibson LP Std 50s Neck|86 Jackson Soloist|92 PRS Custom 24|01 PRS Singlecut|Taylor 814ce|MIM Strat

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to grind them down flat, but I have no grinding wheel anymore. :-( Bummer.

HEART:07 Gibson LP Std 50s Neck|86 Jackson Soloist|92 PRS Custom 24|01 PRS Singlecut|Taylor 814ce|MIM Strat

That was so easy I feel stooopit! ;-) Well, not really, but that worked really well. It even doesn't look bad.

Oh.... BTW... if anyone is going to do the same thing, it is easier to remove them from the inside of the jeans (the silver end, not the brass).

I wear Levi SilverTabs (they're for guys my age who don't want to look like they're trying out for a rap video) and they do not have rivets for the most part. I think they are more comfortable because of that, and certainly easier on the guitars. So far the only problems with my axes and knicks are definitely for stupidity and not jeans. :(
Shut up and play.

I wear Levi SilverTabs (they're for guys my age who don't want to look like they're trying out for a rap video)...

:grin: :thu:

I always found that a belt buckle is going to hit the back of the guitar a lot sooner than the rivets on the jeans.

I usually move the belt buckle off to my left side...and then the leather belt effectively keeps the guitar from ever touching the actual jeans or the rivets...but now I'll have to take a closer look. I never really considered the rivets could be as dangerous.

I'm usually wearing red tab Levi 501 or 505 jeans...but that would only be when playing outside of my studio.

Inside...I'm usually in cotton shorts or lounge pants...and a T-shirt...so no rivets OR belts to worry about! :grin:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Wow, you've made me realize that these days I very seldom wear jeans at all. And I've only recently bought a belt.

Doesn't wearing your tee-shirt (or whatever) outside your pants protect the guit from the rivets?

bingo!!!

That's what I do....

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/Gypsyfingers/092205190958-flea.jpg

No but finding a solid parking place for that wireless transmitter probably presented quite a challenge.

Nah Lee... In prison they call that 'Keastering'... (not that I would know)... But the er, ah, um, cavity will handle that tranny... :/

Hm.

I wear Lucky Brand jeans. They have rivets, but they don't get a chance to hit my guitars because it hits my belt first, which is covered with little pyramid studs.

But, then again, I'm not looking to maintain any kind of resale value on my guitars. I'm keeping them.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Erik, what glorious restroom is your avatar pic taken in?

Is that in a club somewhere LOL?

Whaddaya mean? That's my home!

Just kidding. That was taken in a dive club in the wastelands of Northeastern PA. Believe it or not, we always pulled a great crowd there and made a lot of cash selling merchandise... and always made a good profit from the door.

It's just that the bathrooms were repugnant.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived