Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Doepfer 76 note keyboards?

Hobo

Looking at the Doepfer website, in the prices section they have 76 note versions of their compact controllers - presumably weighted. They're slightly more expensive than the 88 versions, but I could well be interested. Seems to have no weight or dimensions up yet.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful with the Doepfer. I bought an LMK4+, and LOVED its action. Unfortunately, it was buggy: whether using one zone or more, regardless of which module (MotifRack, JD990, FantomX, Receptor) used, and which cables, pedals, within 45 seconds I could get hung notes. I spent months troubleshooting this to no avail. I made Analogue Haven send me another: same problem. A friend in Detroit (I'm in Chicago) who recommended this controller in the first place met me at a gig in Michigan, halfway between us, with his rig (LMK4+ and MotifES Rack) and we set up side by side. He couldn't do it to mine, but I did it to his. We swapped controllers, didn't make a difference. I don't play that hard (although I'm a pianist by training), I would refrain from using sus pedal, and it would not matter.

Unhappy ending: I ended up eating over $150 in shipping charges, and Analogue Haven raped me for another almost $300 in restocking fee for a controller that did not work.

I've never had this happen with any other keyboard in my life, and I've owned a bunch: Motif 8 classic (still use it!), A90ex (I've had 4 of these since 1990, still use it), Fantom X7, JD800 (owned 3 of them), A80, MKS80, Poly 800, Juno 106.

Be very cautious.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Archived