Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carvin's Quarterly Catalogue, say that 10 times fast!

rizzo9247

I don't know how many of you subscribe to this publication, but I was extremely suprised about a few items they had in there.

First off, I am a huge fan of Carvin basses when I've played them, but never could muster up the cash to actually order one. What caught my eye in the magazine had nothing to do with the basses, but rather the bass heads and stacks. This is a special 'holiday issue' so they are offering free shipping on every item, including the above mentioned stacks. I have never played through a Carvin rig before, so I couldn't really tell if some of these prices were ridiculously low, or just what you would pay for a mediocre rig. Here are some of the items for sale (and not to forget free shipping):

SBR410 Half Stack

Includes - BX600 600W head, BR410 4x10 cab, 2 covers, and casters for $699.99

SBR610 Full Stack

Includes - BX600 600W head, BR210 2x10 cab, BR115 1x15 cab, 2 PROSS speaker cables, 3 covers and casters for $899.99

SBR810

Includes - BX1200 1200W head, BR810 8x10 cab w/ built in casters, PROSS speaker cable, and head cover for $999.99

All of this through ground shipping 3-5 days, and the item ships same day.

Depending on the quality of these items, I might have to purchase an early Christmas present :D

-Anthony

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carvin frequently has promotional prices, and their prices are usually quite tempting. However, the downside to their distribution is that you can't play before you buy, and many of us aren't willing to go through the hassle to order and return, even if they have a generous return policy.

At least in NYC you have a decent chance of finding something used. In 6 years I have seen maybe 6 basses go through stores and 1 amp... not much of a sample.

- Matt W.

This thread reminds me that it's time to resubscribe to their catalog.

I wish I could say I have experience with the bass rigs you mentioned. The only Carvin amp I have is the PB100-10. If the quality of their higher powered gear is at least equal to that of my little 100 watter, it's my guess that you would be happy with one of those rigs.

In 6 years I have seen maybe 6 basses go through stores and 1 amp... not much of a sample.

Is that what they mean by "Living on Tulsa Time"?

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

The bigger downside to Carvin is their customer service.

It's like dealing with a clown college.

I'm off them for life.

Sorry to say that I am too. Love my BunnyBrunel 6 string fretless BUT I had a NIGHTMARE of a time with their CS and trying to resolve a problem with one of there BR12 combo's... jeez thought I was trying to kill a baby. Ended trading it up for a BRX112Neo. Still not a happy camper but after being out cash n dealing with boneheads I'll deal with it. (It is a decent set up, just qwirks I've never encountered with any amps before)

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

I also know folks who have rec'd excellent customer service from Carvin. I've gotten solid CS from them, and a friend of mine just had some work done by them on his Carvin 5-string and was really pleased with it.

Lots of used options in NYC and the surrounding area. Carvin's a reasonable option, for sure, in a world of lots of choices.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

In 6 years I have seen maybe 6 basses go through stores and 1 amp... not much of a sample.

Is that what they mean by "Living on Tulsa Time"?

Yup. Our music stores are very much in the main stream, not a lot of variety outside of the major brands.

- Matt W.

Archived