Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Still traveling...

Fumblyfingers

In terms of just "home recording", aside from guitar playing talent, NO guitar player I know here has the "sound" quality clips that you do... AString comes very close.

Thanks HT! :wave:

I have to agree here. Your home recording is incredible. You certainly raised the bar for a lot of us here, as far as that goes. Eventually, I will learn all of your secrets!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, thought you were talking about the Digi one. The Digi one has the HF Only button.

The Ozone has the ability to choose a band and zone in on a freq.So does the Digi De-Esser.

Ozone 3 is way more complicated and has a lot of control over multi bands. I will try it but I want to suss this de-esser and sidechaining first...LOL! I am psyced!

What I was thinking was that you were also suggesting ducking the piezo signal. I thought I was supposed to sidechain this signal into a compressor or De-esser plug in on the guitar track so that only that frequency would be compressed or limited or whatever LOL.....That is the part I am having troble with but when I get time I will sort it out. I assume I loop a piece of the nasty squeaks somehow and feed it into the de-esser. I see the de-esser has a Key Input.

When I did that clip I selected the freq's you said, around 6K I ended up, and also the amount of dB Gain Reduction you said but actually pushed it up a lot higher around 20 LOL maybe too much....I really wanted to just hear the difference exaggerated a lot.

This is awesome...you have helped me start the process towards a better understanding ....now my curiosity is aroused and I will see it through.

Thanks A String...sorry if this is too much banter about this. I hope Scott's info helps evryone who is interested. Knowledge is power.

Archived