Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Talented siblings

Eric Iverson

Tomorrow my sister the talented flutist is coming into town to spend a week with me. Of course, she wants to see New York City and all that, but we should get a fair amount of playing time in.

She's got a great ear and is seriously underchallenged in her church band in Des Moines... so I plan to jam with her to some Jamey Aebersold tapes, and I have the sheet music to some Mozart pieces to give her. Hopefully to motivate her.. to practice more, not to give up the flute!

Do any of the rest of you have talented brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles.......?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My niece has an incredible set of pipes - she is currently plying her trade in the performing arts department at Ol Miss, but will probably be heading to New York after graduation to break into the Broadway musical racket. An amazing voice. :thu:
John

My Mom is an excellent pianist. Amazing technician on piano and studied with 2 world class teachers in NYC, one of whom substituted for Vladimir Horowitz at Carnegie Hall. She is great but like me, doesn't have giant hands so that limits her repetoire.

My sisters both play piano also and one plays violin. My cousin Jim had one of his songs recorded by Barbara Mandrell in the early 80's and remains an incredible singer songwriter/guitarist/harmonica player.

My cousin's daughter. I forget if it is piano, flute and voice. She's in another state so I've never seen her perform.

Have you seen Fingersmoran on Youtube and iTunes? They're brother bass and drum players.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Archived