Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantom to XP. Am I nuts?

phydeaux

I'm primarily a guitar player who doubles on keys in a 60's/70's cover band. Currently using a Fantom X6 for piano, organ, strings, and brass only. It's definitely overkill for my needs, so I'm considering selling it and getting something a little more practical. I only need a handful of high quality voices with the ability to layer, (in a small package). That's it. No sequencing, sampling, etc. required. Some folks have suggested the XP series. Any thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep what you have. You may need the features one day. A bird in hand...

Absolutely agree 100%. You wouldn't see much if any profit by selling one and getting another. Personally I feel the fantom X is a great machine that does several things very nicely. There's a good chance that the features it has may beco0me very useful int eh future. I can't tell you how many friends I know who sold things to downsize and in the future they wind up needing or wanting the same type of thing they sold.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

... I only need a handful of high quality voices with the ability to layer, (in a small package). That's it. No sequencing, sampling, etc. required. ....

You're not going to find anything like that. They don't make a keyboard with just the four sounds you mentioned as that would limit the target market. Even the XP has a sequencer. Within the price of a FantomX you are not paying that much for the sequencer and extra sounds. The biggest part of the cost beyond the basic shell and engine is the quality keybed and the screen. The screen makes it very easy to set up layers and performances, with it sounds like you want.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived