Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Klon makes the difference

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, Lee- I believe that you should do a side-by-side comparison between the Klon and one of those Zachary pedals! One way or another, get him to send you one and do it up here!

About that old brown 1x15" Pro Amp: I was just kiddin' ya, Lee- remember, I told you to rebuild/restore that "head" in an e-mail, even though I was sorely tempted to try to talk you into selling it to me, cheap? And I gave you a lot of info on the amp's original specs initially, and links to potential parts suppliers?

Anyways, glad that you and the old brown Pro are getting along so famously! Beautiful amp, and that extension speaker-cab that (damn, who was it that made that extension-cab? I'm embarrased that I can't recall)- somebody made for you looks great in that stack arrangement! Too cool, you must get a lot of compliments and questions about that wherever you use it...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Yep correct Cav! well on the Zachary peddle I wouldn't bother really, it put the owner of that company in the same catagory as Fulltone (not worth a mention in my book) sometime take a look at how he (Zachary) talkes about the Klon, Bill who ownes Klon would never talk that way about another, very telling as far as I'm concerned, I would never put one penney in either Zachary or Fulltones pocket. Take a listen to the tone on those clips when you can, I bet you may agree there is no need to think about Zachary anything. Bruce (LPCustom) in Atlanta built the extension cab for me. Oh yes, tons of questions and petting the old Pro Amp from other players!

Bruce/LPCustom! Man, I almost said that- I'm always doing that, doubting my initial thoughts and instincts. Oh, well...

As for Fulltone, regardless of internet BS, they do make some great stuff, I reeeeeeeeeeaaally want a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe and a Tube-Tape-Echo... !! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnn...

Seriously, if Zachary will make a bet with you or allow you a full refund if you're not thrilled with his pedal, put one through its paces alongside the Klon and then let us- and the rest of the world- know the results. If his pedal doesn't measure up, the cat's outta the bag; then again, maybe, just maybe, it'll surprise you... only one way to know for sure! :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I just saw that, Mark Tremonti (the Metal dude) uses only one overdrive, which he replaced his entire pedal board with.

The Klon.

Because everybody told him "its the best overdrive pedal you can ever own"

So it would seem its not only good for bluesy crunch and overdrive, but also monster metal madness, he pushes a triple rectifier with it.

Lee, don't you have the Fulltone Tube Tape Echo? I swear I remember you posting about it and even that you bought one for your son. Or was that thing not made by Fulltone. I could be just be going crazy. :crazy::freak:

Yep your right Soul, and got him a Klon also (it should be delivered this week) Yes Doc and I bought the TTE and it's fantastic, Doc had a question about it and Mike Fuller jumped all over him and was a jerk to him, so done with Fulltone, but yes it's a great product. I don't want anyting to do with Zachary, if Doc wants to do it fine, but not me!

Archived