Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new rig. Something seems a little funny...

Tenstrum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*pimp slap!* EVIL!!!! But still interesting. What type of line 6 is that? My friends got a Spider 2...seeing the spider 3 depresses him...Just thought I'd say.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

No shame in that--it's all music.

I'll show you mine sometime.

Wow... that reads SO badly...

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I'll show you mine sometime.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-013.GIF

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

The amp is a Line 6 Flextone II XL.

The guitar is an Ibanez ART100.

Both of them brand new. I paid $300 for the amp and $400 for the guitar so I pretty much stole them.

:)

I'm not giving up bass, I just want to piddle around some.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Yeah I've also got a confession :P ! I got a guitar! Please forgive me!!!

You're a confession !

Dude, a lot of us have guitars as well as basses, whether they be electric or acoustic ... I got my dad's 12-string Eko semi-acoustic strung with 6 strings. It's even got a zero-fret :grin: No kidding, it sounds great.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I suppose we could start a thread on what other instruments we play and/or own.

As far as guitars, I've got a 40 year old Gibson J-50 acoustic (which I should have taken a picture of when we were talking about giving an instrument the relic look), a Squire strat and a Jay Turser copy of a Gibson ES-175. And a Peavey backstage amp.

Yeah I've also got a confession :P ! I got a guitar! Please forgive me!!!

You're a confession !

Dude, a lot of us have guitars as well as basses, whether they be electric or acoustic ... I got my dad's 12-string Eko semi-acoustic strung with 6 strings. It's even got a zero-fret :grin: No kidding, it sounds great.

Yeah I thought most of you guys had guitars. Pretty handy things to have as a bassist I would say. I was just winding him up. :) Cool a 12 string. I love them. Got a pic?

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

I am a guilty guitar owner too. I actually have excess guitars, and some I'm not even worthy of owning. For example I have a vintage Les Paul Custom '72 which was my father's. It's estimated to be worth several thousand. I also have a vintage Yamaha classical from the 70's, a nice Fender Acoustic, and a Gibson SG which I'm currently sporting fretless. I rarely play any of them. Only occasionally I play the classical when I'm feeling sophisticated. The freltess SG is good for simulating a sitar type of feel and is wicked for metal riffs. But otherwise guitar really doesn't interest me very much and I really have no use for owning so many. I think it's fairly ironic I acquired so many as a bass player. I never paid or asked for any of them.

A fretless guitar...now that's a scary, scary thought! :o

Congrats John...boy, I thought I was using some light gauge bass strings... :crazy:

I have a very cheapo Sam Ash house brand acoustic/electric that I bought for $50. :cool: It's loaned to a neighbor who is taking guitar lessons now. It actually sounds pretty good, even the onboard preamp...it's got some intonation issues though.

I actually do have a pretty nice electric though...a Godin Solidac, quite versatile, has bridge and neck humbuckers, and single-coil mid pickup, plus a piezo bridge with a blend control. There's a selector switch to select various pickup combinations...there are some quite nice electric tones in there. And the piezo bridge tone sounds more like an electric-acoustic than the above electric-acoustic does. I decided that I only need one electric guitar, so it needs to be something that's very versatile, and this one is indeed. :cool: And, it's none-more-black, so I know it's loud enough.

http://www.ipass.net/davesisk/music/pics/GodinSolidac1.jpg

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived