Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T WOW-HOT!!!!!!

Strategery

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta agree with desertbluesman and Picker. After being in 105 in March in Kuwait, Qatar & Oman I realized the old adage of "dry heat" is absolutely true. Being in 85 degrees f in a typical Nashville summer is far more draining to me than 105 in the Saudi Peninsula deserts. Of course 117 is something I've never experienced, so I certainly reserve judgement on that comparison. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Gotta agree with desertbluesman and Picker. After being in 105 in March in Kuwait, Qatar & Oman I realized the old adage of "dry heat" is absolutely true. Being in 85 degrees f in a typical Nashville summer is far more draining to me than 105 in the Saudi Peninsula deserts. Of course 117 is something I've never experienced, so I certainly reserve judgement on that comparison. ;)

Same thing applies to the cold. A "dry" cold isn't too bad. When I was way up north, it would be down to -20C (-4 F) and very dry. We would be outside in our sweaters with no coat. Down here it's very damp, -20C is brutal and you need two coats and a large ferret to keep you warm.

IMHO, above 110 it just doesn't matter anymore. But yes, 105 and 10% is much better than 90/90%.

Ross

www.deeppocketband.com

www.epitunes.com/Artists/Deep-Pocket

Here in Cincinnati it hit 100 last two days with buckets of humidity. Just foul weather but still better than winter, shoot you can always grab a cold drink and take a shower. Today's 90 but muuuuuch lower humidity. Go Bengals!

Yeah thank god the humidity is leaving ohio off and on rain = bad evil humidity.

I'm doing a bunch of remodeling on my house right now and I had to take a trailer load of stuff to the landfill the other day. It was 103 degrees, dusty, and the sun was like a gigantic laser beam. I had to unload that trailer by myself, and by th etime I was done, I was completely drenched in sweat. This old guy that works there was drive one of those big earth mover things stirring up a TON of dust and he pulled up next to me to wait until I was done so he could bury the stuff I was unloading. He turned off the machine and yelled "Is it hot enuff fer ye?" I seriously considered shooting his crusty old ass off that machine.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

When we moved to Austin, the day we arrived, it was a bit over 100...

We moved into this apt. complex w/ a very weird parking lot space, and we had our car on a dolly, hauled by the rental truck, which we were driving. At some point we couldn't maneuver the truck w/ the dolly attached at this lower level of the lot (it was the only place w/ enough space for the truck), so I had to dismount the dolly, and we had to drive the truck out of that lower level, leaving the dolly there. After moving all the furniture up to the second floor apt., etc., I had to pull the dolly by myself up a cliff. I think I was sweating as much as I sweat when I'm done running in the morning--drenched. On top of that, I had a bit of a hypoglycemic episode and was literally trembling after attaching the dolly and walking upstairs. Had to go get some dinner/Gatorade while the world was going round in circles. Hated that day, which started w/ one of the worst breakfasts you could ever imagine at a cheap Texarkana hotel.

I still prefer this type of heat over -0 F temperature. But then again, I'm from the tropics, where it's usually 80-95 degrees/high humidity. Back home usually never gets as insanely hot as it gets here, but then again temp. almost doesn't change throughout the day.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

From AP:

""NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Residents across the South and Midwest were hopeful that the weekend would bring some relief from brutal temperatures that have killed more than three dozen people and set records for power demand. ""

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Archived