Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Proposed Pedalboard

-DCAC-

I'm looking into to a pedalboard right now, and I have some ideas as far as what I want for my sound, but if anyone has any beefs with a certain part of my "fantasy" pedalboard let me know, because that is why I'm posting this. Keep in mind though, I'm am on a budget so don't recommend any boutique gear please.

Wah: Dunlop 535Q seems popular so I can't really see anything wrong with it, yet...

Compressor: Not to sure, maybe Boss CS-3, MXR Dynacomp, BBE Orange Squash whatever. Maybe I don't even need it. Feel free to give any suggestions.

Overdrive/Distortion: EH English Muff'n - I'm into rock and hard rock, especially that AC/DC tone and you can't go wrong with a tube distortion pedal.

Noise Gate: Probably a Boss NS-2

Chorus: EH Small Clone is what I'm really looking at.

Delay: No idea - maybe Digitech Digidelay, Line 6 Echo Park, or Boss DD-3

Right now I have a Gibson Les Paul studio into a Vox AD30VT. I mostly play rock, hard rock, maybe some metal. Feel free to give your opinions on any gear you have owned played, or heard about.

Man, I need some money...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going along with the EH Small Clone, does it sound good going into the amp, not the effects loop? My amp doesn't have an effects loop so I was wondering if it would still sound good or if I should buy an amp with an effects loop before buying the Small Clone.

Given your current setup, why not just get an RP-200? Save money and space and give oyurself some programming capabilities?

"Fantazy", to me would be like the Fulltone tape echo, Keesey, analogman, stuff like that.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I already have a DigiTech RP350 and I plan on using that for certain things like the Whammy, but I'm looking for an upgrade. Also, it's not really a fantasy rig, seeing as I'll have to buy everything, it's more like a pedalboard I am looking into buying. In fact I'm really just trying to narrow down my search so I can go to GC and try a few pedals out.

Archived