Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How bizarre is this?

S. Yeti Bigfoot, Esq.

A woman was approached inside an Atlanta area WalMart store today by a teenaged boy who said "You're looking good!". She ignored him and walked away. Before she got far, he grabbed her and BIT HER ON THE ASS! I kid you not!!!!

Well, she was quite naturally upset and she called 911 and reported it to the police. She also went to the store manager about it. His response? "Sorry ma'am....there's nothing we can do about it. We really don't have any store security." WHAT?!?!?!?! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!??!?!?!?

It turns out that the police were already in the parking lot investigating another attack on another woman that happened exactly the same way, just before this lady was attacked.

Unbelieveable.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to read the Vent tomorrow.

Seems like there are always police in the parking lot of one of our Walmarts. At the other there is a sheriff outpost at the front of it.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Wal Mart always has security people onsight, whether the manager knows about it or not. Walmart actually has it's own police force, and they are everywhere Walmart has anything going on. And there are always cameras rolling on every aisle, so there are security tapes of the incident. They can definitely identify the the guy from tht tapes if the police don't already have him in custody.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Well, I don't know about their own police force, but they definitely do have security people and they do have cameras. I think that the store manager didn't want to be bothered with it and did not realize that it was going to get the level of publicity that it got....I think that he thought for some reason that she was just going to go away and that would be the end of it and he was oblivious to the fact that there was an investigation going on in his parking lot at that very moment over another assault. You can bet there's some damage control meetings happening right now at the WalMart Corporate Offices and that manager will likely be at the unemployment office tomorrow.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

You can bet there's some damage control meetings happening right now at the WalMart Corporate Offices and that manager will likely be at the unemployment office tomorrow.

D'you think so? Seriously, I wonder how many people would avoid shopping at Walmart just because some kid bit a woman in Atlanta? I'm not familiar with America, so I wouldn't know.

I imagine the guy will probably get a major "please explain" though.

Yeah, it's not really the fact that the kid bit the lady. This kind of thing is sort of a hot button in the Atlanta area right now. We just went through a rash of shopping center parking lot robberies where women were targeted and robbed of their jewelry at gunpoint. There were several robberies over a period of months before the police caught the robbers. There was surveillance video, but they were having trouble identifying the guys from the video. The general feeling was (valid or not) that the shopping mall security was lacking.

Now for this store manager to say to a victim that he doesn't have ANY security and he can't help her even though she was accosted inside his store, and then for that to be plastered all over the news on TV...not good for WalMart. If he worked for me, he would have found himself on the outside so fast his head would be swimming. I would have fired him on the spot as soon as I heard about it.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

You can count on the guy getting his butt canned at the earliest possible convenience...unless he is a big earner. Then, he may get a warning. And yes, when I was in management rtraining for Sam's Club, the security folks came by and gave us a little intro to store security. They refer to themselves as Walmart's police force, and they have a bigger budget and better surveillance equipment to work with than pretty much any municipal government, which is quite a statement when you think about it. Walmart has gone into the phone company mode, which means they will spend 100 bucks to prosecute the theft of a quarter. God help you if you get caught shoplifting in Walmart.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived