Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arpeggios with tempo tap

beatnix

Does any one use the keyboard arpeggios live? Do you have a drummer play to a click?

I have been interested in exploring the possiblities with my Motif ES rack. I am not going to get our drummer to play to a click, so... I thought that doing a tempo tap to drummer might be better. I try this with a Alesis Micron at GC one day seemed to work. My problem is the Motif rack does not do tempo tap. I have a triton rack that does, but don't want to bring it to gigs.

Any work around for this? Is there a vst host that does live tempo tap?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone used this: 34ONEII Tap Tempo Pedal

I was going to suggest this to you. I haven't used it, but it's such an incredibly simple and ingenious idea, it seems perfect (on paper, of course... as in all things, in real life YMMV).

Of course, if your drummer likes to visit the tempo only once in a while, and spends his time visiting the suburbs of the target tempo, you'll be spending more time tapping and re-tapping the pedal to the point where you'll be losing your mind. ;)

Here's a demo video of the unit in action (in Gerglish... ;) )... clonk here. :thu:

Thanks for the video link Sven. Looks promising.

Definitely... I really like some of the features they've added in the Mk II version (obtaining power from the MIDI IN is a no-brainer, as is the MIDI pass-through feature. It's now getting close to the point where it's almost worth the $150. :thu:

I am experimenting with my es rack with this same concept. I want to try this using my xp60.

If the triton rack has tap tempo you could try to midi the racks together and use it.

page 90 of the manual states:

Voice These special voice-related settings are available only when entering the Utility from the Voice mode. From this display you can make settings that apply commonly to all Voices.

ArpOutSw ----- Arpeggio Output Switch This enables or disables MIDI data output for the Arpeggio function. When this is set to on, Arpeggio data is sent via MIDI in the Voice mode. In the Performance/Multi mode, you can set in the OutputSw parameter

from the Arpeggio Edit.

Settings: on, off

ArpTransCh ------ Arpeggio Transmit Channel Determines the MIDI channel through which Arpeggio playback data will be sent (when Output Switch

Although I have not played with this yet you should be able to use the triton as the master using this method.

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Hey C.Bull

I'm sure it would work using the Triton rack. I wanted to avoid bring it to every gig. I don't use it much since I got my es rack. I did pull out the triton yesterday to mess around with the tempo tap. I may just buy a bigger rack case and put them both in it for gigs.

I am considering buying a AN200 on ebay. It has a tempo tap function on it. It is small enough to put in my gig bag, and I hear they have a PLG150-AN inside it that can be put into the es rack.

Archived