Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My most recent CD purchase

Hound Dog

I had a gift card that I needed to use so I decided to get myself a CD. I do not purchase many CD's these days. I wanted to get something to keep in the car for my long commutes to and from work. I wanted something guitar oriented, yet not some indulgent, on-and-on shred fest. I wanted something that had substance and that I wouldn't get tired of hearing again and again. I wanted something that might inspire different thoughts everytime I listened to it. I wanted something that would make me feel good when I listened to it. I thought about my choice for a long time and then after seeing something on TV, the choice became obvious.

I purchased "Electric Ladyland".

Yum, Yum! Eat em up!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some serious classic performances on that album. I used to have it, and am not sure what happened to my copy. I may make it my next purchase, although some of my favorite cuts off it I have on another Hendrix compilations.

Today I went into a Barnes and Nobles near where I work, first chance I'd had to go lately. Although I had a few extra bucks to spend, I couldn't find anything I really wanted to buy bad enough to actually do so. Not with several other CDs I've bought over the last six months I barely listened to once... doesn't make sense to buy them just to take up space!

Archived