Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Marsalis family special on PBS

I'm watching it right now. Wow. Each of the brothers says that the other is the most talented. And together - Dad, the kids, and Robert Guerin on bass - they swing HARD. Like I said, wow.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a thread on this a couple of months ago when the show first aired. Yeah, it is pretty impressive. I especialy dug the Cane and Abel duet with Wynton and Branford. I also dug the Harry Conick Jr. duet with Ellis. You could see Harry was scared, but he dug deep just the same. Great show.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Oh, Harry held his own with the old man. That version of "Caravan" just sa-MOKED. :eek:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

[quote]Originally posted by skip: [b]That`s interesting. I wonder what Wynton would have said if someone had brought up some of the comments he made about Branford playing with Sting, the Greatful Dead, etc.[/b][/quote]They touched on the 'rivalry' between them. While on stage, Wynton said, "Someone asked me, 'How are you and Branford getting along?' I said, 'You got brothers or sisters?' 'Yeah.' 'How do y'all get along?' 'Well, uh...' Well, that's about how we get along - like Cain and Abel." They both laughed, and then they played "Cain and Abel."

Les Paul

Archived