Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NYC Area Shows of Interest

getz out

Just a nice bumpitty bump of this thread. Sorry I missed Dan C's gig...I'm sure it was mind blowing, just like he is.

I'm down for Michal the Girl on Tuesday...how many of y'all are going?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try to make Ben's gig on Thursday night - I have witnessed his bass goodness (albeit on the Anniversary Stingray; so far have not witnessed the BenLoy Geddy Lee or the GreenLull).

My wife is now 8 months pregnant, so if I'm going to see gigs, now's the time!

Oh, and I'll be at the MTG gig ...

I also could not attend the Galapagos gig, but heard it went well. Also, I believe it was DC's first time playing out with his new Low Down Sound 3x10 cab (of interesting design). There will be future opportunities for sure.

I will be at MTG. I will try to arrive a little early for an adult beverage or might could be persuaded to have dinner at a nearby venue beforehand. music-man, can I sit next to you at the gig?

I want to catch The Last Broadcast. I have seen The Loy in action before, but would very much like to check out this particular act. Unfortunately I have band rehearsal that night and might not get out in time for TLB's set.

As for Lyndhurst -- rock on, good bruthaz!

And I am down for a Friday at Tierney's sometime.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

For those coming to Bitter End tomorrow night, the band before us (check out "Erin Hill" at her Record Label) is supposed to be excellent - I know a drummer who has worked with her (but is now on tour).

The guy who's playing drums with us tomorrow night is a close friend, and he's also playing in the band after us, Brianna Sage. And Brianna's band has some truly great players - definitely worth sticking around for.

SW - you can sit in my lap. It'll make playing cello difficult, but we'll work it out.

OK - if we're going to eat and see Erin Hill, we need to pick a place and get there at 6. I can do that.

I am wearing my wetsuit under my work clothes so that I'm prepared.

Ken - don't get cute about where Willie sits - he wants to be near you so he can pretend to stop your music from falling, and dump a beer in my lap in the process.

I am expecting to make a lot of money tonight. I've bet $10,000 with a certain Vegas odds-maker on the number of beers that are dumped vs. consumed. They set the odds at 40% dump, but I bet for less dumpage....

I'm also putting 4/27 on the calendar.

In other news, Stonefly has garnered a nice gig in White Plains (more accessible than Mahopac) for Saturday July 7.

Looking forward to seeing these acts and these friends!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I hope tot be there at 8:30 p.m. I brough my camera.

Who's "tot" and what does it mean to "brough" a camera? :D;)

I guess as moderator I could've quietly edited that and snuck away... Yup, I could've...

I will be late to tonight's hip-hop extravaganza. I will bring the Fish o' Luv. Ben, you won't need a back-up instrument as long as you don't screw up your axe before I get there.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Good times. The Last Broadcast was happenin', yo. Dug the set and dug the room. The PA could've been more substantial and the vox could've used some extra juice, but the mix was clearly bass friendly with a solid 15" in the backline.

El Loy played quite well and the BenLoy bass sounded phat.

I'd catch TLB again, for sure.

Oh yeah, good turnout from LDLers and their friends. The Luv reigns supreme.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

The Vibe has discontinued Thursday shows. We found that out via a last-minute myspace message before we left.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Drat. I got hammered yesterday at work, and didn't get out until 9:45 ...

I would have loved to see the Loy in action - haven't seen him since Grundy at CB's (remember that place?).

Anyway, glad to hear others from the board represented.

The Last Broadcast rocked. I was very impressed. Great musicianship all around, clever songwriting, and a fun little room. Nicely done, Ben and company.

Drat. I got hammered yesterday at work, and didn't get out until 9:45 ...

Stop drinking at work. It is irresponsible.

Erik, sorry to hear the gig was cancelled. Glad you did not trek all the way out.

I got some quality hang time with some fine forum folks. Chatted up after the show with 57pbass and Ben. Hanging with Dan is always fun, since you always get a new story. :)

The Vibe has discontinued Thursday shows. We found that out via a last-minute myspace message before we left.

a ha - that's why they never opened the doors. I hung until around 10:15.

Fargin' iceholes...:mad:

Play. Just play.

Another great evening with the NYC Boyzzzz..

The Last Broadcast .. great chops from all members and very cool tunes..anchored by Bens smokin bass lines... and The Ben Loy bass did not disapoint..

as mentioned..the vocals could have been a notch or two louder

Always great to see the guys and have a few brews and some laughs.. Tuesday and Thursday night where both very enjoyable... look forward to seeing both acts next time..

Thanks..

www.danielprine.com

Archived