Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Met Buddy Guy

Ross Brown

Two possibilities:

Buddy Guy just insisted on meeting me after I played an intense set, and I look this way because I really just wanted to go home,

Or,

I was so excited to get to meet one of my musical heros that I forgot to smile.

It was great. I got to meet him Friday night. He played an incredible set. His band was fantastic too. I know I look stunned in the picture. My guitarist thinks I look like I just got kicked in the groin. Oh well. It was fun. Ill smile next time.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jwisot01/BGpic.jpg

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are not smiling because [font:Century Gothic] "Damn right you got the blues!" [/font]

Guy is one of my favorites also. Congrats!

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

I think my picture would have been much worse, I probably would have been kneeling before him.

Rocky

I thought about how cool it would be to get to play with him... Then I heard his bass player (I can't remember his name, but I am going to find out). Wow! He was so good. My wife turned to me and said, "you should learn to play like that". The whole thing gave me a whole new energy.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Two possibilities:

Buddy Guy just insisted on meeting me after I played an intense set, and I look this way because I really just wanted to go home,

Or,

I was so excited to get to meet one of my musical heros that I forgot to smile.

It was great. I got to meet him Friday night. He played an incredible set. His band was fantastic too. I know I look stunned in the picture. My guitarist thinks I look like I just got kicked in the groin. Oh well. It was fun. Ill smile next time.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jwisot01/BGpic.jpg

I swear to god that Buddy wants to meet everyone that wants to meet him. He signed my trem plate backstage at a BB King show. He was the great Guy I have met.

I thought about how cool it would be to get to play with him... Then I heard his bass player (I can't remember his name, but I am going to find out). Wow! He was so good. My wife turned to me and said, "you should learn to play like that". The whole thing gave me a whole new energy.

Thumping deep growl, sort of like T Rex in a tar pit?

Probably Davey Faraghar.

Wow. To have Buddy Guy say he wants to meet you because he heard you play is like an amazing compliment. You must be pretty hot stuff, brah.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I met Buddy at his Chicago Legends club years ago.

He was sitting at the bar watching a Bulls basketball game on the bar's TV.

I walked up and introduced myself. We chatted for a couple of minutes.

I walked away impressed--not sure if he was as impressed... :)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived