Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen most of it, it must be well over 4 hours long. The audio and video are very good. There is concert and television footage from 1969, 1970, 1975, and 1979. It's interesting to see how somewhat shy and lacking in stage presence they were in the early concerts and how much they progressed in a few years. Their chemistry in the 1975 Earls Court concert is staggering. Every Zep fan [b]has[/b] to own this. :thu:

I rocked HARD to the Zep DVD last night - Simply indespensible to any Zep fan. John Bonham is the greatest rock-n-roll drummer I've ever heard, and the live footage supports this. Although the camera was shy on JPJ his under-appreciated contributions are certainly there to be heard. Highlights for me were the Knebworth performances of "In The Evening" and "Achilles Last Stand".
Woof!

seen the dvd and heard the triple live cd's. sounds great. actually quite fun in a most bombastic "how the hell did i ever listen to that when i was a kid" way. and why did page insist on wearing that horrid sweater vest on that early tour? fyi, see my earlier "zep/protools" thread with link about all the "fixes" made to the live cd's... very good reading for zep geeks like me. -d. gauss

Oh, I'm having flashbacks of my youth! Matt Lauer interviewed the 3 surviving members on the TODAY show this morning. It was an interesting interview with clips from the DVDs. They said they had to do some pretty interesting negotiations with bootleggers who had taped the concerts on Super 8 film to get some of the shots. Matt asked them why they couldn't do a reunion and they answered that they simply couldn't replace drummer John Bonham. They discussed their 'musical ESP' and how it all came together on stage, even though it truly was a different show every night. They've sold more albums & CDs than any other R&R band. It's hard to believe that they've been around for 35 years! Man, this was great music for me when I was growing up! Ummmm... I think I just talked myself into buying the DVD! :cool: GAS
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Really enjoying the DVD and the CD so far. The audio and visual quality is really shockingly good, and yes, the chemistry between the band is portrayed really well here.

I just bought the DVD and decided to check the forums and my email before watchin it. I'm looking forward to it since i never got to see them in person(I wasnt born)
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

Archived