Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitars (within reason) that hold / appreciate

LiveMusic

Yeah, thanks on the Signature. I'll tell ya if you come across one, I could see it being a great tool for you ESPECIALLY because of your recording work! As a live performing guitar that thing is just amazing to work with, it just loves effects in the chain and it's so amp friendly! the onboard mixing possiabilities are so vast once you dig into them working with the combinations of hi and low Z it's like having tons of various guitars and add on peddles or even board effects. One of my favs now is putting one pickup into Low Z and one into Hi Z and mixing between the two in the IN/OUT blend mode. It is not at all like my 355 Stereo with the Varitone, it is that plus about 100 percent more flexabiliity, another combo that is very cool is the ability to run one pickup into one amp and the other pickup into a different amp or directly to the board....sorry I don't want to turn this tread into a SIG discussion thread but that's what you get by meationing the SIG LOL!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you sure about that? I see lots of American guitars that stand the test of time but haven't seen any "offshore" ones that have.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

Erm... there's Ibanez, of course. And then, what's a MIJ Fender? Is it an American or an Asian guitar? With Yamahas, it's probably too early to tell. Maybe someday they will become collectible.

Anyway, collecting (and the subsequent price rises) are not necessarily related to quality. Or anything, really. There's even a market (of sorts) for Teiscos.

But... this thread was supposed to be about selecting a players' guitar that would eventually go up in value. In that case, I'd agree with Ellwood. Go for either Fenders or Gibsons. PRS maybe, but only maybe.

You can probably get a lot more value for money with other guitars, but as far as resale value goes, the name on the headstock makes a BIG difference.

But... this thread was supposed to be about selecting a players' guitar that would eventually go up in value. In that case, I'd agree with Ellwood. Go for either Fenders or Gibsons. PRS maybe, but only maybe.

I would say that PRS's are a good bet simply because if you want a new one that isn't in stock at any music store, you'll be waiting 9 months to get it. At least that's what a salesman told me at one of the local joints out here.

That makes existing PRS guitars, new or used, much more sought after.

I would say that PRS's are a good bet simply because if you want a new one that isn't in stock at any music store, you'll be waiting 9 months to get it. At least that's what a salesman told me at one of the local joints out here.

That makes existing PRS guitars, new or used, much more sought after.

Oh, I'd DEFINITELY say they are a good bet! :grin: Though perhaps not as safe a bet as the usual Fenders and Gibsons.

If you're thinking about resale, you're always better off with a product that's got brand recognition. Every man and his dog know "Jimi played a Fender, man!", but they may not have heard of PRS. But I'm not talking about musicians, I'm talking about the general public.

Archived