Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Monitors for you desktop computer

UTS-D

Hey fellas,

So I'm in the market for monitors for my desktop computer. Currently I have a Klipsch 2.1 system which sounds awesome however it can't handle my bass too well...it farts on the lower notes. So I'm looking for something I can play my bass through my computer minus the farts.

I'm not looking for spend a fortune. I was looking at pair of M-Audio monitors. One pair was $100 and the other was $150. Does anyone know about these or can anyone give me suggestions for another brand and/or model?

Thanks guys

Don

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also just run it through a home stereo receiver and a pair of Yamaha cheapie three-way home stereo speakers (10" woofer, mounted on the wall up at the ceiling angled down at me; you can mount speakers anywhere when you live in a log home). Headphones at least 2/3 of the time. I've got better home stereo speakers, (couple of pairs of Dahlquists) but they take up way too much real estate.

THese Klipch 2.1 speakers that you have: are they stereo satelites (the "2" part) and a subwoofer (the ".1" part)? If so, you could just use your regular bass rig in place of the subwoofer. Shouldn't be too hard to wire up that way especially if your sound card already has a subwoofer out jack. And it would free up a little space in your closet where you used to keep your rig.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Archived