Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hit three music stores on Saturday...

tarkus

... and bought nothing!

Guitar Center - sells high end keyboards (sometimes) and low end amps. Brilliant!

Sam Ash - "You don't want the Motion Sound products. Why don't you take this KC550, it's what you want." (Is that because you don't stock anything else? )

Local small store - actually had a diverse keyboard amp selection new and used.

"I need to run left and right channels through this amp - I need to match my signal-out before I can buy this or any other amp."

"Gee, we never had any serious keyboard players in here... you want a guitar amp? "

I tried the Roland SH synth - I really like the D-Beam! But the stock sounds are worthless dreck.

The GAS pains are killing me!

I promise, within two weeks I will have a keyboard combo amp if it kills me, and not one that hisses at 2.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tarkus,

The GC by me has gone downhill a bit, still better than dealing with the commission goonies at Sam's Ass though! GC has made me some good deals but true, pretty much the only amp I every see in GC are Rolands and occasionally if I remember correctly and am not cross-moding with Sam Ash, the new Alesis amps! They can order stuff though on 'Special Order' (be careful with this on returns, they may not take it back unless you twist their arm.) at least the store by me will order Motion Sound gear if I'm not mistaken!

lb

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

It's not a question of finding a procurer to "order" an amp.

I need to get my hands on before make a down-payment.

See my other thread - I work in Midtown. For years, I'd "window-shop" 48th st. When you didn't need gear, any store on that block would have it.

For the last few days I've been calling Sam gAsh, Manny's, and other stores in NYC to locate one of four amps.

I can get all the crappy Rolands, Hartke's, Peavey, Alesis and Behrenger's, but when I'm willing to venture into improved keyboard amps, its like a ghost town.

NYC was the "gear Mecca" - times have changed.

With the sales tax in NYC, it would be worth it to order it on the Internet.

NYC stores (Manny's)USE to be the place to buy years ago, when the original owners were running the place. We were treated with respect, even though we were a bunch of no name long hairs roaming around in their store. No hard sell. Then we told them what we wanted, we bought everything on the same day, got a GREAT deal. Too bad, Sam Ash owns it now.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Archived