Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LOndon Bass Social TEam Reflective (LOBSTER)

Davo-London

Ooh, i could be up for that. I'll need to hire/borrow an amp though. I'll check with the missus if any of those dates are better/worse. I presume somewhere central? (please?)

Family very well thanks Phil - pleased and proud to announce i'm now the father of baby Theadora - mother and daughter both wonderful. Will introduce you at the Farmers' market soon no doubt!

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope big boys is not a polite euphemism for 'old-boys'. :rolleyes:

No Phil I meant Big Boys as in BIG CHOPS, I still remember my jam with a guitar and drummer, as very very bad. So playing with you guys would be even harder, although I bet that I can learn more in two hours in a studio with you guys than a whole day playing at home, so I'm in.

Where this will be based?

I know a good place in Deptford where I always go, they use Ampeg heads and cabs (rented per hour).

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I use Enterprise on occasions, which is behind Denmark Street and we all know where that is!

http://www.enterprisestudios.moonfruit.com/

Central is good for me. That week is also possible.

The place above has gear hire and is the standard dark and dingy!

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Enterprise is nice and cheap. I prefer the Premises on Hackney Road (Liverpool Street / Old Street way) and the owner is a bassplayer too (Dill Katz) but that's more expensive but a much nicer place. Enterprise is closer to me and close to some very reasonable restaurants that do take-away (Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Italian etc.) People can always use my rig while I rest although I'm sure we can rent stuff. We need to book as soon as we can. Evening or daytime? I think evening might be better for me but I'm flexible.

That's better - the large room is available all day on 11, 12 and 13 April, up to 6pm. £165.

Looks much nicer/brighter than the one i use.

Davo

We could start in the arvo, then go out later for beer and Korean. But we would have a problem as to where our gear would be stored! Starting in the evening wouldn't leave us a great deal of time. I'm open to suggestions.

Davo

Theres also some very cheap studios in Mill Hill, nothing like Premisis though. Close to the tube (Northern Line) and theres a Pizza Express with live jazz on the Broadway.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

I'm open for an afternoon session on the 11th - or evening session on the 11th, 12th or 13th. I don't think we can do the restaurant too because of the gear (I was thinking more of takeout). The Premises has a very decent caff.

How about a 3 or 4 hour session either daytime (11th)or evening (11th, 12th or 13th).

I'm off work that week. Pending buget discussions with 'The Minister for Home Finances' all dates are clear at present.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Can do that week i'm afraid have a gig on the 9th and my other half 28th birthday on the 11th so taking the all week of jus for her

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Ow! So evenings of that week no good either 'ey?

We could do a smaller group on the 11th, Lenny?, Davo, Tim and me plus drummers etc and whoever elso can show or we could postpone it. It'd be worth doing even with 3 or 4 or us though.

Alex, Fridays are still good for me lunchwise - same for you?

Evening of the 11th should (subject to checking with my better half) be ok - either the Joint or Premises are good for me. I don't remember Enterprise as being a comfortable, cool or sweet-smelling room...
The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

Reading over this really makes me appreciate the fact that i live in a smallish town and that about 75% of the homes have basements.

Butting out now....

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Archived