Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LOndon Bass Social TEam Reflective (LOBSTER)

Davo-London

Ran out of subject space! Doh!

Suggestion for the next LOBSTER outing:

19-21 March: Joe Zawinul and the Zawinul Syndicate

Venue: Jazz Cafe £25

Sorry, I know this is Phil's job description but I'm just making a suggestion.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not overstepping the bounds there, Davo - don't worry!

:grin:

I'm up for that but I'll have to check with my entertainment secretary/parole officer (missus).

Knowing Joe it would be a top class bassplayer involved too, has he ever worked with a shabby bassplayer?

Might invite my drummer along too, if Lowdown London Area Social Committee don't object!

Cheers!

I'm trying to think of somewhere to eat nearby - it's not far from my place but we hardly ever heat in Camden. There's always Gilgamesh!

review but that's a bit pricy (though beautiful - I've only been there for tea). I'll think of somewhere else nearby.

Anyone with time should also visit the Bass Gallery http://www.thebassgallery.com/ around the corner - the home of Sei basses http://www.seibass.com/ and a shop with a mouthwatering bass selection.

Lineup:

Joe Zawinul keyboard /vocals

Sabine Kabongo - vocal

Linley Marthe - bass

Jorge Bezerra - percussions

Alegre Correa -guitar

Paco Sery - drums

Aziz Sahmaoui percussions /vocals

Apparently Linley is a monster. Must see.

Davo

Linley is one of my all-time favourites. He is a monster. Check out some of his stuff on youtube (I posted some links on the youtube thread). I've seen Sabine before with Zap Mama. Paco is simply one of the all-time greats - my drummer friend, Pierre will definitely want to be there.

And Joe!

There're a couple of nice sushi restaurants within 100m of the Jazz Cafe - i'll check the names next time i pass.

I'll be unlikely to attend this time (again) unfortunately (again).

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

There's Julian Clary's favourite Sushi restaaurant near Regents Paerk which is an older, established one (nice and dingy as the best Japanese places usually are) and a newer one virtually next door which is OK but not so interesting.

Just depends on how many sushi fanciers we have. I adore it.

Never had sushi, but then I've never had Korean before the last meet. Jazz Cafe is an excellent venue, you can eat there as well, not sure of the quality or cost. You can get a table up on the balcony and see down onto the stage.

Just a thought.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Yeah, I've never actually eaten at the JC. I guess you could always order some cooked Japanese food anyway, Tim; but it would be good for you to try it.

Wednesday 21st is out for me (or at least v.difficult).

Linley solo!

Zawinul Syndicate with Linley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQGCAVHKLs

Mind you, if Joe and Linley can make Wednesday, I'm there!

Apologies davo just saw the price on the first post.

I might go, but if so won't be able to do dinner. $$$ is lacking on my pockets lately.

I will let you know as soon as possible. There's any place online where we can buy the tickets?

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe.

I'll be going Fri 20th April for James Taylor Quartet. Anyone else interested in joining me?

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Oh yeah. Sweet Willie is the expert. I'm sure he'll give tips. Book a room all day. Hot and cold running Pizza and beer. I know a drummer besides myself who might join in. We could have a competition to the most ridiculous and unuseable bassline.

Count me in.

Davo

I would love to join in, but will be felling a bit strange playing with the big boys

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I would love to join in, but will be felling a bit strange playing with the big boys

I hope big boys is not a polite euphemism for 'old-boys'. :rolleyes:

Tim, my looping chops are coming together quite nicely actually. :evil:

With so many bassists (hopefully) I doubt we'll need loops.

I can always invite my drumfriend Pierre, but as he'll need a taxi, Davo's friend might be a better option - or both?! Any day between 10th and 13th is good for me, although we're planning to go to Windsor (for the castle) overnight at some point.

Archived