Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ronnie Hawkins cured by boy with healing powers?

This is just too weird..read this (sorry folks,I have to post the article because the website doesn't archive their stories): [quote][b] Local teen claims healing powers find, destroy 'blockages' Mike Roberts The Vancouver Province Monday, May 12, 2003 He's a pretty cool kid, confident, bright, handsome and athletic. He's got charisma. He's also got what they call healing powers, and X-ray vision. "It's kind of hard to put words to it," says 16-year-old Adam. "MRI-vision is probably more accurate." It was with extreme skepticism that I met the healing kid at a Burnaby hotel last week, along with his mom and dad. These are not religious fanatics, or con artists who see the marketing potential of a real live X-Men boy. They seem, well, normal -- your regular Vancouver-area suburban family. In fact, they are extremely anxious that Adam not be identified beyond his first name. They do not want him turned into a sideshow freak. They believe the healing kid needs to have a life, at least until he graduates from high school. "My girlfriend knows, my family, my sister, that's about it -- I'm trying to heal and have a social life," says Adam. "I've got to help those I can and maintain my own life." Whether I believe Adam can "go into someone" from great distances, isolate "blockages" in their bodies, pulverize them with his mind and cure his subjects of arthritis, spinal-cord injuries, migraines, asthma or even cancer, I guess it hardly matters. He believes it. So do his parents. And hundreds of other people, including legendary rocker Ronnie Hawkins, who credits Adam with curing his terminal pancreatic cancer. "When I go into someone, I see a 3D holographic image. I start manipulating the imagine in front of me. I see blockages, green dots. Basically, I grab them out, these energies, I tear them apart and push them outside the skin, and they die very quickly without a host organism." His dad, an engineer, tells me it's not a miracle, it's science. Science we don't yet understand, adds his mom. They believe it has something to do with "Quantuum Holographic Theory." Ronnie Hawkins was diagnosed with terminal cancer last summer. Tests last month showed he is cancer free. "I hope people will believe that there is more to our world than we can see and understand," says the Hawk in a testimonial reprinted in Adam's new, $23 book, Dreamhealer, released last week through his website, [url=http://www.dreamhealer.com.]www.dreamhealer.com.[/url] Adam, who offers his services at $75 a session, says his gift manifested itself two years ago. The healing kid, who wants to be a naturopathic doctor, says he has "done" hundreds of people. I don't know if I'm buying it, but Adam looks me right in the eye: "I don't know if your neck's sore, but it will be pretty soon." The thing is, I do have a problem with my back. And even the doctors have told me it's going to get worse. Weird. mroberts@png.canwest.com [/b][/quote]Just...too...strange :freak: Truth? Scam?
meh

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll just say that the "placebo" effect is very real for some people. I believe the 1 million dollar prize is still available for anyone able to prove they have "psychic" powers or healing ability. . . . but maybe he's doing OK with his $75 per session fee and doesn't really feel the need to prove anything. :rolleyes:
Tiny G

"I'll just say that the "placebo" effect is very real for some people. I believe the 1 million dollar prize is still available for anyone able to prove they have "psychic" powers or healing ability. . . . but maybe he's doing OK with his $75 per session fee and doesn't really feel the need to prove anything. " Perhaps you're right..but, for the placebo effect, I can see it working for headaches and such, but terminal cancer??
meh

There are many healers, and medical intuitives working out there. There is a woman by the name of Carolyn Myss, who actualy trains medical personel to use her techniques so that they can help diagnose hard to define ailments through mental means. In China, the use of energy field readings is as common as x-rays are here. It is still frowned upon by conventional medicine in the west, but these things are real, and relatively common; just not easily accepted by western minds.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by rold: [b]Oh, BTW - The Province is a very credible publication, definitely not some National Enquirer or something :thu: [/b][/quote]ROLD! ROLD! I can't believe you wrote that. That paper is the biggest piece of shit i have ever read. I don't mean this to be a slag or jab at you in anyway. But, i could not disagree with you more. The province is in fact the closest thing i have ever seen to a tabloid disguised as a legit paper. HORSEHOCKEY! all of it.

Here's the Hawk y'all know and love telling it as only he can. [quote]By JIM SLOTEK -- Toronto Sun, April 25, 2003 - Cancel the flowers. Rompin' Ronnie Hawkins said yesterday his doctors have given him an all-clear on the cancer front. Hawkins was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last summer and operated on, apparently unsuccessfully. The prognosis was considered poor enough that the noticeably frail Hawk was given lifetime tributes at a series of gala shows, attended by the likes of Bill Clinton, Kris Kristofferson, David Foster and Arkansas "chicken king" Don Tyson. But The Toronto Sun has learned that Hawkins received results this week of a recent CT scan and MRI, which indicated the growth was gone. The Hawkins family plans to release the news today. "It was very serious, it disappeared, it's gone, and nobody knows how to explain it," said Hawkins, who chose not to undergo chemotherapy in the wake of the surgery. "I saw the growth myself on the X-ray. But it's true, I'm clean as an angel's drawers. The doctors can't believe it. They're doing a lot of thinking ... SARS doesn't stand a chance in my body, baby." Though he didn't opt for conventional medicine, Hawkins said he tried every alternative medicine that was sent his way, "plus I doubled up on the whisky and dope. "I'd have to go into hours to tell you about all the Indian recipes and stuff that was sent to me. What's that medicine, holistic? "And then was a healer from Vancouver, a young kid, he's unbelievable. Robbie Robertson had these Indian healers, these Indian medicine men fix me up a batch of s---. (Blues-rocker) Lonnie Mack did the same thing. "I don't know which one cured me, but it might have been a combination of all of it. Personally, I think it was the whisky and the pot." Hawkins' surgeon, Bryce Taylor, was unavailable for comment yesterday. The Hawk said he's begun rehearsing again, and his immediate plans are to throw together an Ontario tour in the summer. "I'm not gettin' out too much yet. I've been hanging around the house a lot and I gotta build up some strength. I had three major operations in 90 days last year. "But I've been feeling pretty good lately. I had a feeling I was getting better. I played some dates here and there, and I'm getting ready to tour. "Baby, I'm chasing the girls already. I just don't wanna catch 'em for a week or two." [/quote]Same old Hawk. Thanks for the heads up though Rold. I didn't know he was that bad to begin with. He and the missus was making breakfast at their home for CTV's local morning show less than a month ago and he seemed his usual sly self; no mention of the situation.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

Just sounds like a natural shaman to me. It seems these people are trying to come up with all sorts of complicated scientific explanations for something to which indigenous cultures across the world would say "Well yeah, no shit." It's not a miracle to them, because its a part of their lives and they've seen it work. But a society like ours, in which we have excised the mystical and spiritual with the scalpel of science, can't fathom an explanation, and we look for ways to explain it away. Who's better off, the ones who accept the mystery as part of the wonder of life, or the ones who try to find a way of calling the kid a fraud, or disproving him?

"And then you have these thoughts in the back of your mind like 'Why am I doing this? Or is this a figment of my imagination?'"

http://www.veracohr.com

Archived