Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

70's Era Les Pauls?

Derrick1642607670

This is my '73 Les Paul Deluxe. It used to be great and I love the rosewood fretboard. The old mini-buckers sounded awesome....but being a younger idiot than I am now I wanted the big humbuckers on like all the cool cats had...so went to DiMarzio PAF and Super Distortion and had to have the pickup cavities routed bigger. Bad move, big mistake, shit pickups.

So I set it up for slide and open tuning and used it that way for a while and eventually I stopped playing it much.

Right now it needs better PUP's so going with Classic 57's. The bridge needs replacing as it is sagging in the middle and the guitar is impossible to get a good action with right now. So new bridge, neck adjustment and general service with the new pickups and I am hoping it will sound and feel good again.

I am a Strat guy and I doubt I will play it much even once fixed. I just want to get it all better out of respect for the guitar.

If I were to do it all over again, I would not have altered my Les Paul or '64 Strat in any way.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/Gypsyfingers/Gibson.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived