Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

30th anniversary Marshall

Bytored

I have an opportunity to pick up a 30th anniversary Marshall 6100 like THIS

for a $1000. This includes the speaker cab.. Is this a good price? Also it is a friends of mine so I know it's been taken care of.

I just got back from a little jam with the above mentioned amp and my new Carvin and holy cow. This amp friggin rocks, PURE MARSHALL SOUND BABY!!!! :freak::eek::D I also got a chance to play his 1992 LEs paul Custom and A new Limited Edition Taylor, forgot the model, but its the same one Dave Mathews plays. It lists for about $4000.00. SWEET playing acoustic.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hummm...which cabinet is it and what's it loaded with?

Uhhh, I forgot and its loaded with groove tubes which he had it all gone through not to long ago and balanced he said (does that make sense?). I know nothing about tubes since I have always had solid state amps in the past.

You haven't went and picked it up yet? [big Grin] [big Grin]
I thinks getting this in the house past my wife at this moment would be kinda tricky. I mean even if I did and set it up in the music room and she was to walk in she would blow a gasket!! I dont think the "waddya mean honey, the amp has always been that big!!" line is gonna work. It is a lot of amp for me but what the hell....right?!?!

Ok here ya go..Cabinet is a JCM 900 Lead 1960 4x12 Celestions

Well that can be dodgey! lots easier to hide a 2X12 cab than a 4X12!... you have any large curtains? it could live behind there for awhile..simply power up you little amp and run the Marshall from it's hiding place and tell her ...HOLY crap ..man is the little amp ballsey!!!! [Eek!] [big Grin] [Thumb] [Cool]
I think I figured it out. I can build a false wall. I still have paint left over to match the other walls. I can put it behind there and then the "holy caaarap... man this little amp is ballsey" thing might work.

Seriously though this amp isnt going anywhere. It's mine if I want it when I want it and I think I want it. My bud is in no hurry to get rid of it. So I guess this is a good deal right guys? Plus I can make payments too.

Well ellwood, since you put it that way I am going to have to pickit up then. An investment huh?? Cool. You guy are a bad influence in a good way.... :D:D is that even possible?

Listen to brother Elwood. Drop what you are doing and go pick up that amp and 4x12....

NOW!!! :eek:;):D

Sounds like a great deal, and you can pay in installments?? Wow!

Tell you wife your friend just loaned it to you, since it's a cheap amp, and he doesn't like it.

:D

Oh, and you NEED TO POST IN THE GUITARAHOLIC'S THREAD ABOUT THIS!! Amps qualify!!

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Oh, and you NEED TO POST IN THE GUITARAHOLIC'S THREAD ABOUT THIS!! Amps qualify!!

:D:thu::thu:

You NEED that amp!
Yes, I know. I will pick it up after the first. I can wait :rolleyes:

Tell your wife first. If she gets nasty about it, forget the amkp. You need your wife's good graces more than a Marshall...Egad, what am I saying? Go get the amp! NOW!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Isn't it funny the things we go through in our heads when in comes to acquiring new gear. Luckily my wife is very supportive. :cool: I think IF she was the one bringing in the money then it would be a different story about the gear. I mean hell, who;s the one driving the new or newer car! Not me, I've been driving the same 15yr old truck for the last 10 years. IT'S MY TURN Dammit. :D

There, I feel better

Archived