Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Things heard from audience members

Dr. Ellwood

Originally posted by Crypt Picker:

Originally posted by Xplorer:

I'm not playing in a band, but I think I've heard someone yell "SLAYER!!" at just about every show I've seen.

Probably the same guy. Try going to a different bar... :D
He's probably the son of that guy we've all seen who hollers "FREEBIRD"!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best ones I've gotten:

A guy who looked about 68 came up to me between songs - not sets, mind you, songs - and asked "do y'all know that song from "Top Gun," the one about the danger zone?" I explained that I was familiar with the song he was talking about but, no, we did not know how to play it.

The second best was at a private barbecue/pool party. We had played for about four hours, run out of songs, and played several songs twice or more because everyone was having a good time. Finally, we said good night and were packing it in when a really drunk guy I had not seen all night comes up to me and says, "You're not quitting? You haven't played enough for me." I smiled and said, "We've played every song we know and then some, we're beat." He repeated, "You haven't played enough for me." So I said, "We didn't play anything for YOU."

Originally posted by Hard Tail:

I'm not playing in a band, but I think I've heard someone yell "SLAYER!!" at just about every show I've seen.

He's probably the son of that guy we've all seen who hollers "FREEBIRD"!
Or his cousin, who's always yelling "Whipping Post"

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Yeah, I wonder about those guys. I mean, you see a band play a couple of songs and you just KNOW whether they're likely to whip out Slayer covers on request.

So why do people bother yelling out impossible requests? I mean, it's one thing to do it for the irony of it, but for serious? Why, oh why?

Originally posted by Clive Hugh:

They're probably related to the idiot who comes up to you when you are playing a solo acoustic gig and asks for AC/DC

Yeah, or Slayer...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived