Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What I brought home from Nashville...

Lightningdan

I went to the Kramer Guitar expo in Nashville this weekend.

I had a blast.

What made it the most special was the tour of the Gibson, Epiphone, and Kramer plants.

I got one of the first 10 Kramer Baretta (1985 Re-issue) guitars, 100% hand made in the U.S., a full 8-10 months early on the release to the rest of the population.

http://i8.tinypic.com/24on8s1.jpg

That alone right there makes it worth the long drive from South Dakota.

What an amazing guitar.

And for the curious, Kramer/Gibson (MusicYo) have started making the vintage 80s Kramer guitars again, as re-issues, U.S.A. made right in Nashville. If you were a fan of those in the 80s you know the American series were great guitars 'till mismanagement did them in. This '85 Re-issue is exact in every way, and it just blows my mind.

Features: R2 nut, slim maple neck with bubinga reinforcement.

Hard maple body, original floyd rose schaller trem and locking nut. Schaller tuners. Gibson hand-wound pickup (84T Zebra) which is a perfect replication of an early Jb. Tone and sustain like crazy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/sixtoedkitty/Miaroxsig.gif

I've got my ship, and all her flags are flying. She's all the I've got left, and MUSIC is her name!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you don't like it, you can always use the neck for a hockey stick... :D

I'm sorry, I don't mean to rain your parade, but whoever came up with the idea to cock the headstock off at that angle just because it's a locking nut should be taint punched, then beaten senseless.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

What is with you guys coming to Nashville then mentioning it after you get home! :rolleyes:

I mean, some of us live here and would love to meet other forumites. ;)

Looks like you made out on the Kramer acquisition. Where was the expo? One problem of living in this town is that all kinds of fun stuff flys around your radar and you hear about it later. :eek:

Glad you bought into a piece of history. Next time let us know you're coming. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

You can't quite tell in the pic, but it is an exact copy of the 1985 baretta. The body is contoured really nice. If you mean more rounded like the originals, you mean pre-85? Or like the late 70s aluminum models?

Yep Guitarzan it was the Kramer Expo put on by vintagekramer.com and the kramer forum. It's an annual event now and we hold it at the Hotel Preston. Don't worry Nashville guys, next year I'll be sure to give a heads up here before I go. I don't know how I let it slip my mind this time.

I've got my ship, and all her flags are flying. She's all the I've got left, and MUSIC is her name!!

I remember lusting after one of those back in the day. I finally tried it out and everything was cool. . . except the pickup was so slanted that the high E string didn't sit over any pole pieces and was noticably quieter than the other strings.

I'm assuming they fixed it this time around?

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Lightningdan:

You can't quite tell in the pic, but it is an exact copy of the 1985 baretta. The body is contoured really nice. If you mean more rounded like the originals, you mean pre-85? Or like the late 70s aluminum models?

Sure looks like an exact copy to me. My first attacks of GAS were at a small, mom & pop that sold Gibson, Westone, Cort and Kramer, in 1984. Kramer's were the first "super-strats" I fell in love with, and most of their stock of Barettas and Pacers were that off-white color or black.

Yep Guitarzan it was the Kramer Expo put on by vintagekramer.com and the kramer forum. It's an annual event now and we hold it at the Hotel Preston...
Ack! Right around the corner from my work! Okay.. Around the corner and down a few miles, but no more than 5 minutes drive.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

You can't quite tell in the pic,...

Axually close X-amination shows that the upper bout of the body doesn't have the same "straightedge" shape of the cut-aways.

Stringed N-struments R the most tactile of all.

I've never been partial 2 the single pickup set up but F Ur happy that's what counts!

Congratulativity! ;)

What sort of tones can you get out of it Dan? I always imagined that a single bucker in the bridge would make it sound pretty harsh no matter what you put it through... But i've never tried one out. I defo like the body shape.. and that white is screaming for a beauty of a paint job!! Just maybe not red n stripey :D

I don't know, otherLee, my son's Fender Celtic sounds really nice. It has a single bridge humb and a volume knob. That's it.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by rotosound45:

It's the right base color, now all you gotta do is add the stripes and you will have...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/wadebeka/5150/515020.jpg

:D j/k!

I was about to post the same thing cool!

Nice score :cool::love::thu:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Its alot warmer sounding than I would have thought. I was expecting lots of bright treble but the pickup that is in there really warms it up. Hot, yet warm. Clear, yet full. I love the sound. Now, its very different than my LP, and very different than a strat, and even different than the '1984' model Kramer I have which also sports a single hum, bolted direct to the body and not slanted. I have a wide arsenal of tones now with all these different guitars. When I get a video clip that I'm happy with I'll put it up for you guys.

Its alot warmer sounding than I would have thought. I was expecting lots of bright treble but the pickup that is in there really warms it up. Hot, yet warm. Clear, yet full. I love the sound. Now, its very different than my LP, and very different than a strat, and even different than the '1984' model Kramer I have which also sports a single hum, bolted direct to the body and not slanted. I have a wide arsenal of tones now with all these different guitars. When I get a video clip that I'm happy with I'll put it up for you guys.

That sounds like its pretty cool mate! Be great to see a vid :)

Archived