Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Peavey Classic 30 owners

Mass Effect

Just got a C30 and notice it has an input jack in the back for a footswitch. Would THIS PARTICULAR FOOTSWITCH be what I should get?

I ask this because Sweetwater is telling me a footswitch for my new amp would be a special order item and would cost $40 :rolleyes:

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks exactly like the one that I have for my Classic 30. But my C30 is from the 1st year that they were made (1996, I think). If I recall, Peavey pretty much uses that footswitch for almost all of their amps. I would double check, but I'm pretty sure that is still the case.

BTW, I love the Pratt-Miller Vette. The company my wife works for is co-owned by the same Miller that owns the company that builds these Vettes. I have been trying to get the hookup for hanging in the pits at one of the races, but no dice as of yet! :D

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Took a chance and bought a switch like the one in the link. Works perfectly.

Greg,

I'd love to see an ALMS race in person. They say the big 'Vette shakes the ground when it goes by. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1022.gif

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

Originally posted by RC211V:

Took a chance and bought a switch like the one in the link. Works perfectly.

Greg,

I'd love to see an ALMS race in person. They say the big 'Vette shakes the ground when it goes by. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/1022.gif

I don't know if the Vette does but I can tell ya that Viper lite wt. European special sure does, gezzz a driver lite one up today out in the Design Office court yard and it shook the windows in the tower!!

I have heard that about the Vette, RC.

I have a friend that went to Sebring this year, he said that it was really cool, but almost got boring, cause of the monotony. But,he really did like it and had a great time. He also got to go to the F1 race in Indy. He said that it was amazing! As awesome as American V8s sound, he said that hearing a full field of F1 cars pegged at 17000+ rpm is pure music. I'm still a little jealous!

Ellwood, did the Viper have mufflers? I'd bet that it still shook the ground even if it had 'em! I tell my wife that even if I was blind, I would still love to go to the drags, for the sounds and the smells! She thinks that I'm a nut! (But she married me anyway!!)

Check out this video--I don't care if you like GM, Ford, Pontiac, etc...this is the definition of BAD-ASS!!! http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/vids.html

Go down to the one labeled Leichtfuss' '63 LeMans "2000hp Cruis'n". Enjoy!

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

This vid isn't as outrageous as the engines you guys are talking about but it just sounds fucking killer.

9 second vette I have to watch this clip at least once every time I get on the computer. Listen to that engine! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/105.gif

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

I have a Signal Flex SF-FS202 that came with my Classic 30. Single plug goes into my remote switch in the back. Works great for kickin' in my overdrive and/or reverb. I couldn't find it on my web search though... Hmmmmm.....

Archived