Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I was messin' around, and recorded a video.

leadfootdriver

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, very nice. Great pinky control. Very precise in neck movements. Good conservation of movement. I'm envious.

It's funny. This is a simple video. Most people would dismiss it as boring. As a guitar player, I could watch videos like this all day. I think it's a great way to influence how I practice.

Brian

...getting back into playing after a 15 year "break".

Originally posted by Bbach1:

The headless guitarist! :D

Nice playing Leadfoot. :thu:

You've got a good handle on the fretboard going on. Keep on rockin.

Thank you sir. I wanted the vid to be as clear as my hardware would allow, so choping my head off so people could see me play better was the way to do it.

MySpace

Originally posted by Windhover:

Nice, very nice. Great pinky control. Very precise in neck movements. Good conservation of movement. I'm envious.

It's funny. This is a simple video. Most people would dismiss it as boring. As a guitar player, I could watch videos like this all day. I think it's a great way to influence how I practice.

That's very nice of you to say. Thanks! :)

MySpace

Very nice, LeadFootDriver. Very much in the Vai camp. And that's not a bad thing. Interesting phrasing in some parts. I liked the way you worked the chorus in there a bit, too.

I'm thinking it might actually be a better piece at slightly slower pace. I felt a little pushed. I enjoyed the tune and I really like the way you've expressed it. But it might work better slowed down a little to give the listener a chance to absorb it a bit better.

Was the bass and drum work live or memorex?

Born on the Bayou

Everyone keeps saying Vai but I'd say you're much closer to his mentor, Satriani.

I like it for the same reasons I like Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing[/i]. It doesn't have the breaks of that song (The eclectic arpeggios), but otherwise a very similar sound and groove. (And yes, that's good, IMO. :thu: )

You need to find a local production company that can use such compositions for radio ads. If I could play like that I'd do it myself. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by LPCustom:

Very nice, LeadFootDriver. Very much in the Vai camp. And that's not a bad thing. Interesting phrasing in some parts. I liked the way you worked the chorus in there a bit, too.

I'm thinking it might actually be a better piece at slightly slower pace. I felt a little pushed. I enjoyed the tune and I really like the way you've expressed it. But it might work better slowed down a little to give the listener a chance to absorb it a bit better.

Was the bass and drum work live or memorex?

Thanks for listening. It was memorex. :D The Boss DR-5 to be exact. You can listen to the complete mixed track if you go to my MySpace link at the bottom of my sig. It will play automaticly'.

MySpace

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Everyone keeps saying Vai but I'd say you're much closer to his mentor, Satriani.

I like it for the same reasons I like Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing[/i]. It doesn't have the breaks of that song (The eclectic arpeggios), but otherwise a very similar sound and groove. (And yes, that's good, IMO. :thu: )

Thanks. And that's a super idea. I'll need to check into that. I like Joe a lot. I remember when he broke big in 1988'. I was graduating High School, and he was all over the radio, and MTV. I don't think we'll have music like that on the radio again, but never say never I guess.

You need to find a local production company that can use such compositions for radio ads. If I could play like that I'd do it myself. ;)

MySpace

+1... a good amount of both, maybe Vai and Satch? But the sound and tune are more like Vai, in my opinion. In the solos,many moves remind more of Satch.

Great job, dude. Mind telling us about your gear? I plan to steal afew ofyour licks.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

I had to go back and play this again today. I like this a lot.

I played it for my son. Now he's got it slowed down on WMP and is trying to follow it. My wife made him close his bedroom door. She said it sounds like cats fighting. :D He told me today he wants an Ibanez Joe Satriani model.

One of the best things about him getting into the guitar is that I haven't heard any "rap" coming from his room in a couple of months, now. I think that's a "good" thing, even if it's only because I don't like "rap".

Born on the Bayou

Something had been bouncing around in the back of my brain about this from the first time I heard it. Now, I know what it was. The background sounds like a very popular song. Junior's Farm by Paul McCartney and Wings. I know it's just the same chords (G F C). But that's what my brain came up with.

Born on the Bayou

That's funny, LP. I adore Junior's Farm but I didn't catch that. :D (I listened again and kinda hear it, but I really had to listen. ;) )

Could just be the drugs, too... :eek: This Percodan is _strong_ stuff. For me anyway. Since I rarely take anything stronger than aspirin.

Born on the Bayou

Archived