Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Uber SG!

Ol Boy Rivers

El Uber SG! Allright yall. Its time i undertake a project, And here it is. An SG special Lim' that i am going to Mod the living $#^! out of. Concetric pots, Active onboard EQ, Coil tapping, Probally a Duncan Livewire, The Woiks'! Its all stripped down ( Hardware wise ) And now its time to refinish. Im going to get a website for this one guys, Its gunna be big. Im PLANNING on routing a double battery box, As well as moving the Toggle switch. By the time im done with this baby, Its going to be an all out Custom from a cheap body. ( Stay posted for Website adress's as well as pictures. )
Never trouble trouble till' trouble troubles you.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would do that in a heart beat but the problem is is thats a standerd 4knob SG. Im working with the SG lim' edition Special with the Two knob setup. Now...Id route it out so i could fit four knobs but the problem is is that the body isnt as big as a standerd SG. So i have to crowd that electronics cavity to the brim with concentics, and then ONE minitoggle for the neck pickup ( Im planning on putting an Invader in there ) Then i have to go about routing a double battery box and then a single. ( The double is for the Duncan LiveWire and the single is for a active onboard EQ ) After the battery box's im going to route and drill some more to put the toggle reverse of a lespaul. BUT now i have to work on that finish, so im open to suggestions yall. So far my only idea is to just stain it and do a light varnish.

Alright, Update 0n the SG project: Ive been going at the finish with 150gritt sand paper and a little Skill Jitterbug. Coming nicely actually. After the red is sanded off you get that dark brown of the wood ( Allmost like the worn brown on some SG finishes ) And it looks great. Im thinking about leaving the front, sides, and bevels as the brown wood tone, But painting the top of the guitar Ebony or something with a cool disign. After getting it ALL sanded down im going to go over it with 250gritt, Then 400gritt to smooth and polish it. IDEA FACTOR: Because im thinking of painting the face of the guitar, Another Idea arose. Why not turn it into a String-through-body setup? All i need to do is fill in the holes the old Tune-o-matic had and rewire the ground to the bridge instead of the stop bar. I think you would get better sustain and tune stability with a string-through. Input on this idea of my anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived